V Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Not much recovery time between games.  Weds night to Sat lunch time.  Much will depend on how players are feeling.

Pulis likes to play the ball in the air so I'd like to see Davis and Forsyth in for this game. Tomori and Malone both looked worse for wear at the end of the Baggies game, so probably makes sense.

Other than that, keep it the same as Wed.

I worked 8 hours yesterday and did the same again today. I must need a medal. They are young, ultra fit lads high on confidence and I suspect more than ready to play Saturday lunchtime. I would rather Boro worry about us than we alter things to worry about them

They're a shithouse team & they're the type we've struggled against all season long. We'd be sat top of the League right now with a win against any of Rotherham, Bolton & Millwall. Another 3 points here will show this team has made progress.

I’m sure our manager has gone through the majority of his playing career not fearing the opposition and he doesn’t look like he’s changing his philosophy now in management. I’m not too concerned what team he puts out, for me it will be the right one. The whole first team squad must be buzzing at the moment and anyone bought into the first XI will be ready to grab his opportunity with both hands. M’boro will not be looking forward to this match. 

49 minutes ago, Gil said:

They're a shithouse team & they're the type we've struggled against all season long. We'd be sat top of the League right now with a win against any of Rotherham, Bolton & Millwall. Another 3 points here will show this team has made progress.

Exactly,they make Rowett ball look erm,well not as bad,still rubbish though.

Ayala is just a grade A thug.

It will probably end up more like a Royal Rumble.

10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Pulis is no fool. He will be playing to win the second balls and probably will be targeting our younger players for special treatment. Lets hope we have a strong referee.

That’s one reason I’d be tempted to start Wisdom. Imagine you’ve been told to go in hard on Derbys right back, you look up and see Wisdom looking back! 

Got me thinking, if we were going pure “horses for courses” and picking an anti-pulls team what would it be? I’m thinking 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Fozzy

Evans*

Huddz Ledley*

Bennett Johnson

Marriott

* I know they’re injured but in theory

Hopefully Frank and Jody have managed the legs carefully following Wednesday, our young lads' limbs have recovered and we can deliver a fast paced slick passing performance.

Let Boro's collection of thugs, carthorses and grandads worry about us and by 2.15 or so Saturday, we will have ground Tony Pulis' stinky old cap into the dirt with another consummate away performance ?

19 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hopefully Frank and Jody have managed the legs carefully following Wednesday, our young lads' limbs have recovered and we can deliver a fast paced slick passing performance.

Let Boro's collection of thugs, carthorses and grandads worry about us and by 2.15 or so Saturday, we will have ground Tony Pulis' stinky old cap into the dirt with another consummate away performance ?

Pretty sure training will have been mostly rrecovery and a bit of tactics ffor the weekend, not multiple bbeep tests.

It will be a hard game. We have struggled against teams like Boro this season (for years TBH). They will sit and play on the counter, hoping for corners and free kicks. We could do with a couple of early goals again! I think we'll lose, but I hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, KCG said:

It will be a hard game. We have struggled against teams like Boro this season (for years TBH). They will sit and play on the counter, hoping for corners and free kicks. We could do with a couple of early goals again! I think we'll lose, but I hope I'm wrong.

They will be ugly to play against BUT they will give freekicks away...……….Now, how many have we got who can take a decent direct freekick? 

Really tough game, especially given the lack of recovery time, but the potential rewards are great. Should it be a draw or Boro win, they'll be top of the league, at least for an hour. Should we win, then that'll be us sitting atop the table (albeit briefly). This game takes us a third of the way through the campaign, so we're well into it now. 

Which team will get the nosebleed? Their fans have taken to booing the Boro off. So long as we don't let them start well, the atmosphere will turn toxic, especially if we can breach their near impregnable defence.

Boro and Pulis are very good at what they do. The best in the division by miles at stopping teams scoring. It's going to be a hugely difficult test. I'm glad Frank is talking about how to be more clinical up top and less open at the back, but there's been little time on the training ground to improve. 

I hope the double prize of becoming league leaders and getting a place in the starting lineup at Chelsea, will spur the lads to give a huge effort. Let's grasp it with both hands. 

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Really tough game, especially given the lack of recovery time, but the potential rewards are great. Should it be a draw or Boro win, they'll be top of the league, at least for an hour. Should we win, then that'll be us sitting atop the table (albeit briefly). This game takes us a third of the way through the campaign, so we're well into it now. 

Which team will get the nosebleed? Their fans have taken to booing the Boro off. So long as we don't let them start well, the atmosphere will turn toxic, especially if we can breach their near impregnable defence.

Boro and Pulis are very good at what they do. The best in the division by miles at stopping teams scoring. It's going to be a hugely difficult test. I'm glad Frank is talking about how to be more clinical up top and less open at the back, but there's been little time on the training ground to improve. 

I hope the double prize of becoming league leaders and getting a place in the starting lineup at Chelsea, will spur the lads to give a huge effort. Let's grasp it with both hands. 

Reserves at Chelsea surely, we don't want them sneaking a crafty bid in for Keogh come January!

Especially at mates rates.

41 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Reserves at Chelsea surely, we don't want them sneaking a crafty bid in for Keogh come January!

Especially at mates rates.

Chelsea could do a lot worse. 

We saw the Brentford win and performance meant an unchanged team at Old Trafford and to maintain the great squad spirit Lamps would do the same again. 

Where he'd learn is in changing things around after Chelsea. But we have to beat Boro first. 

The lack of recovery makes me a little less optimistic, however boro are not very good imo. I have gone through Boros side and they have no players that worry me in the slightest. They will try and bully us, we should go out there and play them off the park, we are capable of doing this. They will be wary of our movement off the ball, pace and quality. I really hope we hammer them. I don't dislike Boro as a club, I dislike pulis and his tactics. These tactics will be evident a lot tomorrow, imagine if they tried to outplay us. 

Boro game sums up Lampard's input. Our players expect to win this game. Our fans expect at least a draw. Possibility that we could cut them to ribbons if we score early. We can afford to drop points here but our players ate hungry to win. We are 12/1 to win this League but surely less if we win tomorrow. The most amazing thing to me is that Lampard signed 9 players to make a team play like we did against WBA but what does the future hold when we have money to spend and every young player wants to come to us and play for Frank? Bring it on. 

Who will Frank let go at Xmas and in the summer and who will he sign? COYR??

Archived