Favourite goal v Baggies

SaffyRam

Which goal was your favourite v Baggies?  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Isn't it great to be scoring so many beautiful goals? I approve of the poll to highlight how good they all were and what a tough call it is, but I've not been able to pick a winner. 

I set up the poll but haven’t voted yet because I can’t decide on my favourite either ?

Hard choice, all great goals for different reasons.

Went for Wilson though because the power he can generate from nothing is amazing. It probably doesn’t look as good on camera because the keeper doesn’t move, but to give the keeper no time to react in any way from that distance is impressive.

Lawrence for me. Crucial goal and was all about the way we play now, proper goal that showcased our new identity of youth, pace, class.

5 players attacking fluidly...totally overloading their defence. Malone selflessly running the channel to create the uncertainty and our most divisive player taking the tougher option and arrowing a shot in the only place it can go. Quality from start to finish.

Malone goal was worthy 2nd...Frank's decision to play him paying off. Roy of the Rovers stuff, end to end goal...loving it.

Which one made the best impression?

Marriott - decent impression of bobby Davison

lawrence - decent impression of tom ince

wilson - Was that supposed to be charlie george or bruce rioch?

malone - john robson?

Marriott - set us on our way.

I went for Marriot. All four goals were fantastic goals good enough to grace any game and so to score all of them in the same game is incredible. Chose Marriot's because when you see the goal from a wide angle his run starts very early, sprinting on to the anticipated back pass. It looked at first like a really poor back pass (probably slightly under hit) but his reading of the situation made it a simple finish.

Malone - mainly because it was just a minute after his goal saving block and he sprinted the length of the pitch when clearly knackered.

All great goals, I voted Lawrence because of the speed of passing in the build up, but also because it was the goal that gave us some breathing space and made the WBA players start to wobble. But what a choice -

Marriott: Opportunism and cool finishing

Lawrence: Team play and execution

Wilson: Perfect strike of the ball (and unselfish work by Marriott) 

Malone: Guts, heart and a great finish. COYR!

I plumped for Malone's goal, on account of the goal saving block moments before, to run the length of the pitch, good support work from Mason, and a great touch and finish.

Really starting to love Marriott though - his goal was well taken first time, and the work for Wilson's goal - to stop the ball and selflessly hand it off to Wilson, then create some space for him - was top drawer centre forward play.

19 hours ago, David said:

Malone, to make the important block at our end, leg it up the other and stick one in their net was beautiful. 

Looked exhausted coming off to Lampard’s amusement. 

Exactly the kind of performance you want from players that haven’t been in the team for a few games. 

Someone fetch him a beer.

I voted for Malone for exactly this ?

Archived