Poshness

Parsnip

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

You think a Berni inn was POSH!

Nooooo ! but they didn’t do the Rossini ? and prawns could only be a bit posh if you had avocado with them or if the Marie rose was made with Hellman’s not salad cream 

but you have given me the opportunity to correct my cake spelling and gateau my way out of that schoolboy error. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How to tell if you're posh - test 2

you only have sex in the presence of a horse

To avoid conflict and friction we ask that members do not discuss politics, religion or sex on dcfcfans.uk, this includes our off topic area. Topics will be locked and posts removed if found to be discussing these subjects.

Don't make me tell you again @RamNut

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

To avoid conflict and friction we ask that members do not discuss politics, religion or sex on dcfcfans.uk, this includes our off topic area. Topics will be locked and posts removed if found to be discussing these subjects.

Don't make me tell you again @RamNut

Jesus ducking Christ.

I bet you get undressed in the dark.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Jesus ducking Christ.

WTF Andrew?

5 minutes ago, froggg said:

Making gravy without bisto. 

E1679DE7-B53E-4B3A-B9F5-34D07C3A3F38.jpeg

Gravy.....thats inherently not posh.

It has to be 'jus' as in "oi waiter, can we have a bit more jus on us spuds"

On 05/10/2018 at 21:35, Parsnip said:

What's the poshest thing you've ever seen?

Today in my local chippy (I was sat playing on my phone waiting for Mrs P's cheese fryit) a pair of posh folk entered and began ordering their food. Let's call them Hugo and Miles. Now when the chippy girl asked them whether they wanted small or large peas, they asked what the size difference was. She showed them the small and large pots and Hugo was intrigued "Ah they're served in these containers are they? What do you think Miles? Will a small one be enough?"...

Miles and Hugo are so posh they've managed to reach their mid 40's without ever having seen the two different pea pot sizes that chip shops do.

I challenge anyone to have experienced anything as posh as these boys...

Pfft. That's nothing, in my local chippy in Sawley someone once paid for a mini fish n chips with their cheque book!!!

On 13/10/2018 at 21:43, Parsnip said:

WTF Andrew?

He wasn't even being conservative about it.

Might be best to send him a PM.

Posh is subjective, not necessarily reflected in a monetary value.I know hard working down to earth normal working people on  average wages that would always sit at a table to eat, and would always use a table cloth,dress the table with glasses side plates,table mats and condiments irrespective of what was being served. Would never dream of eating in front of the tv or even consider having it on during a meal. My mother only drinks from China tea cup and saucer,may be more middle class than posh?

Posh can be identified by individual standards and practices to which we perform making me some what of a slob most of the time? although I can put it on in the correct company. My mother-in-law  considers me posh because I own my own house so I suppose it's subjective,but she occasionally serves myself little treats such as scones with clotted  cream on a doily as she thinks this is what I am accustomed too? not complaining and give her grief for it not being the norm?. Sister in law thinks am posh because I buy quality kitchen paper wipes , don't use a disposable cigarette lighter and enjoy cheese after a meal with my port.

Think people some times get posh mixed up with snobbery unless their a posh snob.

Archived