Poshness

Parsnip

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I'm going straight for the big one by letting you all know that Mrs Hants last night served up a rice and pomegranate salad seasoned with fresh coriander and zhug, with grilled chicken breast.

What's everyone's favourite middle eastern seasoning? ??

Sumac

6 minutes ago, mozza said:

Where do you posh people keep your bread then?,  freshly made by your kitchen staff,  i presume.. 

Ignore him.

He's gone gluten free, so you having a bread bin is equivalent to having a Lamborghini on the drive with a supermodel polishing it in a bikini.

He wants it too, he can imagine himself stroking it's curves, but he can't taste it for fear of a mildly inconvenient poo.

Probably.

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Ignore him.

He's gone gluten free, so you having a bread bin is equivalent to having a Lamborghini on the drive with a supermodel polishing it in a bikini.

He wants it too, he can imagine himself stroking it's curves, but he can't taste it for fear of a mildly inconvenient poo.

Probably.

Ignore him, I have no interest in bikini clad women polishing my bonnet.

Don’t take that in the wrong context.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

Which is why curry house curry is better than authentic indian.

Angonaminute!!! I can be posh here! Having spent a lot of time in that part of the globe I can confirm that Indian (and Chinese) food is far better over there than it is here. I still eat the Anglo crap like. I have the palate of a labrador. But the food over there is summat else.

8 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Angonaminute!!! I can be posh here! Having spent a lot of time in that part of the globe I can confirm that Indian (and Chinese) food is far better over there than it is here. I still eat the Anglo crap like. I have the palate of a labrador. But the food over there is summat else.

I haven’t “done” Asia but Italian food over there is nothing like Italian food over here.

As for posh .. well let’s wind the clock black ... come on let’s be ’aving you 

who of a certain age didn’t think there were just a  teeensy bit posh when you had that inestimable trio of Prawn Cocktail, followed by Tournedos Rossini and Black Forest Gataux ?

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I haven’t “done” Asia but Italian food over there is nothing like Italian food over here.

who of a certain age didn’t think there were just a  teeensy bit posh when you had that inestimable trio of Prawn Cocktail, followed by Tournedos Rossini and Black Forest Gataux ?

I think to be posh you would have to at least spell it right ?

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm not sure anyone who supports Derby will pass the posh test.

or dowdy Derby as Gordon Ramsey kept saying.

I dont know, i bet Mel has nice cutlery.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I dont know, i bet Mel has nice cutlery.

But he will fail when tested on the finer points of cutlery etiquette, thereby betraying his nouveau rich Derby-supporting naffness.

42 minutes ago, jono said:

never rose above an arctic roll mate. You must be proper posh!

How to tell if you are posh

q1.  Do you eat a banana with a knife and fork?

answer: no  = FAIL go back to your unsophisticated vulgarity

Archived