Poshness

Parsnip

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Good find.

Now we know Susie has always been fit, while Carol merely went through a brief period of acceptability just before she got the boot.

I do miss afternoon banks, but apparently supermarkets frown on such behaviour.

I’ve made withdrawals in the afternoon with no problems before?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Now we know Susie has always been fit, while Carol merely went through a brief period of acceptability just before she got the boot

She's gone a bit wrong has Carol. She was never going to be a patch on Susie anyway but still... don't do plastic surgery kids!

Around 1989, on the Popside. It wasn't a well attended game.

Loads of space on the terrace.

A young lad comes along and stands next to me... With his girlfriend and an older rather glam lady who it transpired was her Mum.

Now this was clearly Mum"s first game. She was dressed up like she was going to the theatre...

Perfect makeup. Hair done. Smart shoes...

And best of all a luxurious full length fur coat. An enormous, can't miss it, white thing. Stood out a mile. 

Is that the poshest thing I've seen?

No. 

Here's what happened next. 

Half time comes along and young lad offers to go buy Mum in law to be a cup of tea and some food. 

Bless her she looks so awkward as she tries to delicately eat her Pukka Pie out of the wrapper without getting pie crust and steak sauce on her lovely white coat. 

I'm enjoying my half time entertainment much more that the game...

And it gets better. 

Half time sustenance complete, Mrs Fur Coat asks... Where's the bin? 

Young lad says 'just chuck them on the floor'.

Oh you should have seen the shocked look on her face! In that one moment you just knew young lad would never be good enough for her daughter. And Mum was insistent. 

Young lad was sent scurrying off with the rubbish to find a bin. I guess he must've just chucked them down the back of the stand somewhere. 

And that's it, easily the poshest thing I've ever seen. 

I do wonder though, whether young lad got another date...?

24 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Around 1989, on the Popside. It wasn't a well attended game.

Loads of space on the terrace.

A young lad comes along and stands next to me... With his girlfriend and an older rather glam lady who it transpired was her Mum.

Now this was clearly Mum"s first game. She was dressed up like she was going to the theatre...

Perfect makeup. Hair done. Smart shoes...

And best of all a luxurious full length fur coat. An enormous, can't miss it, white thing. Stood out a mile. 

Is that the poshest thing I've seen?

No. 

Here's what happened next. 

Half time comes along and young lad offers to go buy Mum in law to be a cup of tea and some food. 

Bless her she looks so awkward as she tries to delicately eat her Pukka Pie out of the wrapper without getting pie crust and steak sauce on her lovely white coat. 

I'm enjoying my half time entertainment much more that the game...

And it gets better. 

Half time sustenance complete, Mrs Fur Coat asks... Where's the bin? 

Young lad says 'just chuck them on the floor'.

Oh you should have seen the shocked look on her face! In that one moment you just knew young lad would never be good enough for her daughter. And Mum was insistent. 

Young lad was sent scurrying off with the rubbish to find a bin. I guess he must've just chucked them down the back of the stand somewhere. 

And that's it, easily the poshest thing I've ever seen. 

I do wonder though, whether young lad got another date...?

Very good

my brothers mate turned round in Popside to discover two people shagging up against one of the concrete pillars. 

6 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Well I now know I'm posh - the only people whose names I knew in that celebrity footie match at PP were the ex Derby players. I had no idea who any of the others were nor why they were celebs.

New someone with children called Theo and Monty.

In 2002 Victoria Beckham filed a claim with the UK Patent Office over the club's use of the name "Posh". The former Spice Girl, who was known in the group as "Posh Spice", claimed the "nickname 'Posh' has become synonymous with her on a worldwide basis". She was unsuccessful in her suit.  

(I'm that posh I get to patent the term as I clearly invented it.  Err ok.)

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

What was cyril awarded the mbe?

He got it for his service to local government. He basically ran Bedford RDC for over thirty years, in the days before such institutions were party political; a move which he always said would come to no good. 

He wasn't posh, really, but he was a proper, old fashioned gentleman, always putting others before himself. He taught me to love nature and animals, and to look out for those less fortunate.

This is his retirement thing. Notice the fish and net in the bottom corners, as he was obsessed with fishing. 

1330B35C-CDA7-41B9-984A-1DC37D278345.jpeg

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

How did he manage that? Did that bloke in front with the red flag break into a trot cos his dripping on toast was spoiling?      ?

He owned an iron Foundry in Stockport and decided to “get in to” the motor trade. According to the Bala district court archive (its always North Wales when it comes to speeding ! )  he was with 2 other miscreants but one of them got let off with costs.

That was the posh side of the family but it was all spent by the early 1960’s, mind you I’ve got some  interesting old home movies of a Cruise round the med in the early 1930’s and a family holiday in Anglesey just pre war. 

4 hours ago, Lambchop said:

He got it for his service to local government. He basically ran Bedford RDC for over thirty years, in the days before such institutions were party political; a move which he always said would come to no good. 

He wasn't posh, really, but he was a proper, old fashioned gentleman, always putting others before himself. He taught me to love nature and animals, and to look out for those less fortunate.

This is his retirement thing. Notice the fish and net in the bottom corners, as he was obsessed with fishing. 

1330B35C-CDA7-41B9-984A-1DC37D278345.jpeg

Knocks a card signed by all your colleagues into a cocked hat

Archived