You know, I think they like it here

TuffLuff

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I really want lampard to get the full taste of derby and grow to love this club ,it’s a fantastic club and it’s been a while since we were at the height of our of powers , lampard is a big name and will be for a while and he can really shine a light on us and let a big audience into the derby magic again

Just now, mozza said:

Not too worried, but Jody keeps saying 'we' whilst discussing the Liverpool/Chelsea game. Just me i suppose, but he is full time employed by Derby atm, we are paying his wages. 

Because he's a Chelsea fan. I'd refer to Derby as we even if I worked at another club. 

Compare and contrast. 2 years ago today we got rid of Nigel Pearson. A celebratory post came up in my memories on Facebook, I was so happy. 

Now I feel like we have our club back, we’re all putting our trust in people who are bringing joy back to match days. It’s wonderful! 

The apparent enjoyment they both show at the moment is certainly noticeable and hopefully contagious amongst the club.Rarely is it seen and I can't think of any recent manager certainly for us that has enthused such positive vibes whilst remaining level headed and professional.The aura and self belief this must help install in the players confidence must be immense.The comarady amongst the squad after pasteing  United was very evident, and Frank's emotions didn't reflect that of some one just doing his job.

can't see us keeping this duo long term if they continue to be succesful, but if they establish the club into the premiership with a quality well balanced squad playing attractive football Lamps and Morris will forever be in my heart and I am sure Any further success will never be as sweet as their first with Derby County

I can’t help feeling that the way results have gone has been incredibly important. We have had a concentrated version of ups and downs that sums up what being a Ram is like

last minute winners, a pasting at Leeds, lack lustre day, unlucky dropped points, consummate victories and a jaw dropping cup win all before septembers out. .. the DCFC roller coaster in miniature. I’m loving it, bet they are too 

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We all know that when appointing ggenerals, Napoleon always asked if they were lucky.
Because he knew they'd not have got that far without bbeing good, but luck is something else.
Frank and Jody have that commodity.

It’s all gone quite well for them so far. They must think this managing lark is easy. Maybe they’re so enthusiastic and enjoying life because they’ve not really hit a really shitty patch yet. I’m loving everything at the moment, but it will be interesting to see how he gets on when we loose 3 in a row. Or maybe he’s so good it’ll never happen. That would be nice. 

On 26/09/2018 at 16:54, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I agree that it seems they do already really like it here but as yet they have not experienced a really rocking, raucous Pride Park...Once they have tasted that they will be hooked ?

We have to take a look at ourselves on that one.

We are quick to criticise the team when they underperform. It's about time the moaners and early leavers used their energy to create that atmosphere.

At last we have a team worth shouting about.? 

I think they picked really wisely, we were a great option - Chairman known to back the manager, great infrastructure, knocking on the door for a few years. Their only risk was Mel's allegedly twitchy finger and as long as they believed in themselves that wasn't going to be an issue. I'm by no means saying it has been easy but it is a great set up that needs aligning more than rebuilding.

As Mr Wolf says in Pulp Fiction, in a line not yet reproduced in a Direct Line ad, 'let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet awhile' but I do think they did their research, picked a club that suited them and knew that if it went right from them it would snowball from there. Here's hoping it carries on like this.

Archived