v Bolton Wanderers (A) Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, caymanram said:

If Lamps learnt a lot about his players Tuesday then it should be ditto today.

i think these games also tell us a lot about the manager- can he see and make the changes to get us back into this....?????

Everything was there except the final ball or touch. He can't control the ball for them

0 points from Millwall. Rotherham and Bolton just highlights why we will never go anywhere. If you want top 6/top 2. They are the places you go to and win. Simple as that. 

Whilst I fully understand Frank naming an unchanged line up. I was massively surprised. 

They put so much into the last 2 games. Tuesday night must have been physically and mentally tiring. So to ask them to go again today is a big ask. We've got a massive squad. So utilise it. Freshen it up.

Also. I love Frank. But letting Lawrence back on to the bench and leaving Jozefzoon out the squad was an awful decision. Lawrence hasn't done anything to come back in and we've looked better since he's been out. His stupidity against Rotherham and he just walks back in to the squad at the first time of asking.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

From these stats you'd think we were incredibly unlucky, but the talk on here suggests a total lack of penetration. Oh well. We know we can't win every game and it's a learning curve for the management. 

Screenshot_20180929-165928.thumb.png.2504ffaa2c443a2f1d8cdd450ff90cac.png

If you only have 1 shot on target then it ain't bad luck to lose mate. 

Without wanting to repeat myself.....but I will...We have played 10 games.....Including all of the bottom 6 teams....we have only played 1 decent team and they destroyed us...  we should easily be top of the league if we think we have any chance this season..

what is going to happen when we play Boro, Sheff Utd, West Bromwich, Swansea etc... I dread to think. 

Two steps forward and one big one backwards,4 points from last four games isnt going to get us were we need to be

No disrespect to Rotherham Millwall and Bolton but to get zero points from these games shows we still have a lot to learn.

Surprised with team selection today its alright playing the same team but i think Tuesday took a lot out of the players both physical and mentally 

9 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Maybe how to handle these games better and learn how to win- or at least not lose- them. Doh.

You didn't see the game I assume.

We were better at everything but the final shot, pass or cross.

When Bryson or Bennett or Wilson etc can show lovely touches and feints and exchanges in the middle third but then fluff an open pass/shot/cross or corner then what's Lampard meant to do?

Everything was there to win today. Everything but the final ball which was replaced by sloppy errors.  

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Without wanting to repeat myself.....but I will...We have played 10 games.....Including all of the bottom 6 teams....we have only played 1 decent team and they destroyed us...  we should easily be top of the league if we think we have any chance this season..

what is going to happen when we play Boro, Sheff Utd, West Bromwich, Swansea etc... I dread to think. 

Bet you were gutted with the Brentford and Man United games?

So just to make sure, we are going to lose to all the good teams we haven't played yet?

Archived