The Championship 18/19

Day

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Having watched the Leeds Villa footage again, as much as I've enjoyed laughing at Leeds, I have to say that Leeds were right to play on. If I was Villa's manager I'd be furious that half of my players switched off and just assumed that Leeds would put the ball out of play.

If they had played on in the fullest and firmest way, then yes, I'd agree... otherwise I'd be a complete hypocrite when taking joy (still, to this day!) from Jamie Wards goal* when we only had 10 men!

Let's first remember, the injury in both cases were not the fault of foul play, or even an accidental fault of the opposition. The Villa defender got injured due to his own clumsy/less than perfect challenge, and... as it didn't appear to be a head injury or "serious"... from that point on, my opinion is that Le*ds had every right to continue... BUT...

The lad who receives the ball by the halfway line/nearside touchline all but comes to a halt, whilst appearing to signal he's about to make the sporting gesture of kicking the ball out... At which time, the Villa players switch off, in readiness to thank him!... then he promptly splays it down the line for their winger to do the rest!  The actions of those last two Le*ds players (to touch the ball) are what I would call "unsporting".  Not the fact they played on, but the manner in which it was done.

My opinion is, in this day and age of cheating/simulation/players who cannot be trusted, we should forget all this gentlemanly bollux about kicking the ball out for the opposition.  If the ref deems fit, he can blow, and subsequently re-start with ye olde proper drop ball, where two guys actually try to win possession! 

There is too much at stake these days for one individual to make this decision on behalf of the rest of his club... yes, the whole club!  Team mates, coaching staff, the guy who has pumped in millions of his own cash in the desperate attempt to achieve something, the fans, the staff, and the local suppliers.  Each and every one of them are affected by the decision of one person seemingly "doing the right and honourable thing"!  

Let's think on... should the ball get kicked out of touch each and every time a player goes down injured? 

If the answer is no, then it shouldn't happen at all.  Let the match officials do their job, assess the situation, and act accordingly.  I believe that, in both of the incidents I refer to, the ref clearly and officially "Waves play on"! 

Yes, Of course Bielsa did the right thing by allowing/ordering Villa to equalise... how could he not, when he knew Le*ds would otherwise have been labelled world wide, as the dirtiest, scummiest, cheatiest, diseased-riddenest sporting club since erm... Oh!  

*Re our 10 men goal... There was a full 23 seconds from their guy going down (no foul, remember!) to Ward receiving the ball, and a further 8 seconds before he made a fool out of Campy!  At no stage did any Rams player (and certainly not our manager!) hint at kicking the ball out.  At no time did Fo*est players stop, although a few arms were flailed in a girly manner!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

He has been accused of that!

Erm... not sure I'm understanding that comment, but if it is referring to what I now think it is referring to, then I would like to go on record to say that I had absolutely no idea, and that any reference (on my part) to female attire, male rectal regions, solitary ablution facilities, and effeminate décor are purely and 100% coincidental, and that my comments therein publicly published should in no way be considered as a deliberate act of any "ism", in any way, shape or form!

Or...

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The lad who receives the ball by the halfway line/nearside touchline all but comes to a halt, whilst appearing to signal he's about to make the sporting gesture of kicking the ball out... At which time, the Villa players switch off, in readiness to thank him!... then he promptly splays it down the line for their winger to do the rest!  The actions of those last two Le*ds players (to touch the ball) are what I would call "unsporting".  Not the fact they played on, but the manner in which it was done.

This is the only bit I disagree with. I've watched the footage time and time again and for the life of me I can't see what Tyler Roberts does that makes people think he's about to put the ball out of play.

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Erm... not sure I'm understanding that comment, but if it is referring to what I now think it is referring to, then I would like to go on record to say that I had absolutely no idea, and that any reference (on my part) to female attire, male rectal regions, solitary ablution facilities, and effeminate décor are purely and 100% coincidental, and that my comments therein publicly published should in no way be considered as a deliberate act of any "ism", in any way, shape or form!

Or...

It’s funny because when I replied I had to think what was acceptable for me to write.

I think I might just leave it .

I was not implying anyone at all that anyone likes to wear a dress and it would be their business if they did?

15 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

It’s funny because when I replied I had to think what was acceptable for me to write.

I think I might just leave it .

I was not implying anyone at all that anyone likes to wear a dress and it would be their business if they did?

Oh... so not what I thought you meant then!  Wished I'd have just left it, now!  :-)

28 minutes ago, Anon said:

This is the only bit I disagree with. I've watched the footage time and time again and for the life of me I can't see what Tyler Roberts does that makes people think he's about to put the ball out of play.

Of course, it's all open to interpretation, but I'm convinced that, rightly or wrongly, I got the same impression as the majority of the Villa players.

... Still no excuse though... play to the whistle, an' all that!

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

The biggest villain in the piece was the scumbag Bamford.

It was so pointless as well. It was effectively a dead rubber game, Leeds gained nothing substantial from Villa having 10 men and they would still be in the playoffs regardless of how the game finished. Now El Ghazi will likely have the card rescinded before this weekend while Bamford will probably end up missing at least one leg of the playoff semi-finals for deception of a match official, and all of this for no real gain in a match with no real effect on the table. For a lad that was supposed to be bright enough to get into Harvard, he's made himself look a right dimwit there.

After ordering the equalising goal, is true that Bielsa got everyone together after the game  and told them, "Chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest ducking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating"?

Of course it may have lost something in the translation.

19 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Best video? That's only because nobody videoed me ordering a bottle of Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier and a bottle of Weihenstaphaner Hefe Weissbier earlier.

18 hours ago, bigbadbob said:
19 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My brother in law and some of his mates did this to Billy Connolly in Sydney a few years ago when they spotted him outside a café  .  He wasn't amused.

My brother did it to Bradley walsh. Bradley called him a ******.(someone who tosses)

One of my old work mates ( A Leeds fan) did it to Roy Keane of the ferry to Ireland once. He wasn't very happy, but Chris lived to tell the tale.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

One of my old work mates ( A Leeds fan) did it to Roy Keane of the ferry to Ireland once. He wasn't very happy, but Chris lived to tell the tale.

Don't believe you.

Roy Keane could never work out how to operate a camera.

Archived