The Championship 18/19

Day

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Always seems to play well against us. Must hurt him that most fans seem to have no recollection of him at Derby!

Wilder is THE expert at fitting average players into a system and getting the best out of them.

Main issue is Clough decided he was a right back. Pretty much played central midfield for Sheff Utd.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Srg said:

Main issue is Clough decided he was a right back. Pretty much played central midfield for Sheff Utd.

He's hardly ever played central midfield. He's a right back. Right wing back in todays game.

Nigel didn't decide he was right back at all. He was understudy to Brayford for you/us, a similar player who liked to bomb on. Anoher who linked well with Couttsy.

The fact some Derby fans have little or no memory of his is both poor but doesn't surprise me. He played a lot when Bray was out injured and also swapped between him and Adam Smith when he was on loan. How can anyone watch Derby at the time and not know him.

He set up boh Chris Martin's goals in the 2-1 away win a Brighton when the self proclaimed saviour of Derby Sam Rush did the first of his many self praising interviews.

He's a very decent Championship level player. I doubt he'll get many games at Premier League level.

4 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

He's hardly ever played central midfield. He's a right back. Right wing back in todays game.

Nigel didn't decide he was right back at all. He was understudy to Brayford for you/us, a similar player who liked to bomb on. Anoher who linked well with Couttsy.

The fact some Derby fans have little or no memory of his is both poor but doesn't surprise me. He played a lot when Bray was out injured and also swapped between him and Adam Smith when he was on loan. How can anyone watch Derby at the time and not know him.

He set up boh Chris Martin's goals in the 2-1 away win a Brighton when the self proclaimed saviour of Derby Sam Rush did the first of his many self praising interviews.

He's a very decent Championship level player. I doubt he'll get many games at Premier League level.

Firstly - I'd like to agree that he is a very decent player at this level.

But on the note of Derby fans not remembering him. He played 25 times for us over 3 years during which he was usually out on loan. Most fans forget about players who play more frequently than that. Not unreasonable at all not not remember him, imo.

17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Firstly - I'd like to agree that he is a very decent player at this level.

But on the note of Derby fans not remembering him. He played 25 times for us over 3 years during which he was usually out on loan. Most fans forget about players who play more frequently than that. Not unreasonable at all not not remember him, imo.

Yeah, fair point. I thought he'd played a bit more than that. Maybe it says more about the kind of attention I pay when I'm following teams. For example I sill remember players like Lee Henrdrie and Lee Johnson fondly. Disliked Hendrie the person with a passion before he came to help us out.

It was Mac who sent Freeman out on loan, just as he had his chance to establish himself as first choice. I think Nige had decided Smith was too much of a hot headed liability at the time and Freeman was playing well. If that was Clough, he'd be accused of bombing out a young lad and ruining his career. (not by you by the way but on here for sure)

How anyone can turn Freeman into a little dig at Clough is bizarre.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

Always seems to play well against us. Must hurt him that most fans seem to have no recollection of him at Derby!

Wilder is THE expert at fitting average players into a system and getting the best out of them.

Bielsa is also fantastic at this. The way they came through a terrible string of injuries earlier in the season was really impressive. They ended up playing their midfield lynchpin (Kalvin Phillips) at centre back.

BA9DEB7B-3A17-4D97-8F7B-0963F26CA25C.thumb.png.76991e3f8f276d3ff255f470f6651085.png If your local press can’t express that not every decision goes your way then what hope do the fans have? Hes even gone on radio and had a go about it!

Said it many times but be thankful we have Steve Nicholson. Yes it’s behind the DET ad chaos but least he can balance himself.

Im not saying he’s not allowed an opinion by the way, but you’ve got to hold some responsibility in your practice or else you deserve to wallow in the cesspit you create

23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

BA9DEB7B-3A17-4D97-8F7B-0963F26CA25C.thumb.png.76991e3f8f276d3ff255f470f6651085.png If your local press can’t express that not every decision goes your way then what hope do the fans have? Hes even gone on radio and had a go about it!

Said it many times but be thankful we have Steve Nicholson. Yes it’s behind the DET ad chaos but least he can balance himself.

Im not saying he’s not allowed an opinion by the way, but you’ve got to hold some responsibility in your practice or else you deserve to wallow in the cesspit you create

I'm not sure I follow

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Always liked Millwall! Stand out club with a great atmosphere, fantastic fanbase and a beautiful playing style.

Always hated Millwall. Tinpot club with a poo atmosphere, horrible fanbase and a rubbish playing style. 

Archived