The Championship 18/19

David

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The biggest punishment for Patricia Bamford should be the sheer embarrassment of the whole world seeing what he did!

In days of yore, before such statements were frowned upon, I'd have described him as "A big girl's blouse"!  I'm surprised his team mates want him in the same dressing room... he should have his own, with the walls painted pink for him!  

A man's game, my ar5e!

He has been accused of that!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Paul Coutts and Kieron Freeman playing Premier League football next season ?

With the Ex Forest strikers David McGoldrick and Billy Sharp!

Be interesting to see what they do in the transfer market and if they change their style. I think Fulham have shown what not to do.

1 hour ago, David said:

With the Ex Forest strikers David McGoldrick and Billy Sharp!

Be interesting to see what they do in the transfer market and if they change their style. I think Fulham have shown what not to do.

Norwich are only going to have a budget of £20mill in the Prem. Shef Utd may do the same - I would like to think neither of them will do a Fulham and **** all their money away.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

The biggest punishment for Patricia Bamford should be the sheer embarrassment of the whole world seeing what he did!

In days of yore, before such statements were frowned upon, I'd have described him as "A big girl's blouse"!  I'm surprised his team mates want him in the same dressing room... he should have his own, with the walls painted pink for him!  

A man's game, my ar5e!

Bryson making his opion on Leeds and Bamford quite clear! 

Screenshot_20190428-221827.png

Sheff Utd are very much akin to Cardiff City. They'll sign players, without making national news, but ultimately fall short of the investment to stay up. No doubt they will give it a fight. I would also imagine that Wilder will be a courted manager next season. 

I think you look no further than Villa if you want to see another 'Fulham' i.e. spend £100+ million. I doubt we would spend that much if we won promotion, certainly more than I expect Norwich and Sheff Utd to do. In fact, Norwich have given themselves a very manageable £20m 'war chest' if national papers are to be believed. I expect Sheff Utd will get to around the £30m mark, I'd guess we would spend north of £50m if we won promotion.  

55 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My brother in law and some of his mates did this to Billy Connolly in Sydney a few years ago when they spotted him outside a café  .  He wasn't amused.

My brother did it to Bradley walsh. Bradley called him a ******.(someone who tosses)

Having watched the Leeds Villa footage again, as much as I've enjoyed laughing at Leeds, I have to say that Leeds were right to play on. If I was Villa's manager I'd be furious that half of my players switched off and just assumed that Leeds would put the ball out of play.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Having watched the Leeds Villa footage again, as much as I've enjoyed laughing at Leeds, I have to say that Leeds were right to play on. If I was Villa's manager I'd be furious that half of my players switched off and just assumed that Leeds would put the ball out of play.

Tbf - just before the pass gets made to the goalscorer, the guy starts walking and turns his body as if he's about to kick it out, then plays it down the line ? looked like it to me anyway.

I get that by the law you play til the whistle but that was kinda naughty. Villa were at least half-playing until that point.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Ignore the tweet itself, Leeds fan trying to justify their existence again, but watch the video. This was just 20 minutes earlier.

Technically you're right though, as were Leeds, you play to the whistle. Morally they were wrong, and whilst Bielsa is taking credit for allowing Villa to score, Dean Smith claims it was suggested by himself. 

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Tbf - just before the pass gets made to the goalscorer, the guy starts walking and turns his body as if he's about to kick it out, then plays it down the line ? looked like it to me anyway.

I get that by the law you play til the whistle but that was kinda naughty. Villa were at least half-playing until that point.

I've seen this argument, but I just don't see enough to suggest that the Leeds player looked as though he was about to stop play. Before he receives the ball he isn't pointing for his centre half to put the ball into touch, he's requesting the pass. Yes, he slows once he receives the ball, but he doesn't gesture that he's going to put it out.

16 minutes ago, David said:

Ignore the tweet itself, Leeds fan trying to justify their existence again, but watch the video. This was just 20 minutes earlier.

Technically you're right though, as were Leeds, you play to the whistle. Morally they were wrong, and whilst Bielsa is taking credit for allowing Villa to score, Dean Smith claims it was suggested by himself. 

I agree they are morally wrong, but then I already know Leeds are scum who will try anything to gain an advantage. What's confusing me is that Villa and other football fans seem to expect something more from them.

Archived