The Championship 18/19

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoke and Villa draw - 1 point is no good to either of them.

If you'd have told me at the start of the season that neither Stoke nor Villa would be bothering the top 6 then I'd have said the league was there for the taking. Which it is I suppose. Just not by us.

42 minutes ago, Squid said:

I'll be surprised if anyone else gets into the top 6 now. Just not sure what order they'll finish. 

Completely agree, the top 6 is sorted. Bristol and Boro are the only ones we could possibly catch and Boro grind out results and Bristol look impressive even in defeat. Unless we go on an amazing run the top 6 will back more and more distant. 

54 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

The Blades are going to be insufferable at work.

’Well,considering we’re rubbish and spent no money we can’t complain’.

It’s going to sound like someone dragging a wardrobe up my drive.

Arrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Credit were credits due they are playing well and Wilder has done an amazing job and learnt from the mistakes of last season. Still remember him at the Impact Arena bring all his blades buddy’s.  I hope sheff u go up. 

3 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Completely agree, the top 6 is sorted. Bristol and Boro are the only ones we could possibly catch and Boro grind out results and Bristol look impressive even in defeat. Unless we go on an amazing run the top 6 will back more and more distant. 

Jesus. Might as well take out ball and go home eh?

Bristol are only 3 points ahead. And we’ve yet to play them. Beat them, and the whole season is in our hands. If we win our games in hand, we’re only 3 points behind West Brom, and we’re yet to play them (granted, goal difference would still put us behind them, but still). 

The top 6 will be from the current top 7, of that I’m sure. 

I’m not being all happy clappy super positive. It’s still very much in our hands. We’re going through a bad spell, it’s up to frank to work out a way to get us out of it, starting with a win at the shitty ground. COYR!!

20 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Bristol are only 3 points ahead. And we’ve yet to play them. Beat them, and the whole season is in our hands. If we win our games in hand, we’re only 3 points behind West Brom, and we’re yet to play them (granted, goal difference would still put us behind them, but still). 

I’m not being all happy clappy super positive. It’s still very much in our hands. We’re going through a bad spell, it’s up to frank to work out a way to get us out of it, starting with a win at the shitty ground. COYR!!

Too many on here throwing in the towel much too soon. We're not playing well but that could change - win on Monday night, some confidence returns and then who knows. 

34 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Indeed, I’m far from a happy clapper but I’m also hopefully a competent mathematician or I’ve wasted 30k and to me that table don’t look like our season is over. I mean I don’t think we have as good a team as those in the top six so don’t think it’s hugely like,y from that perspective, but anything can happen when the gaps that small.

5 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Bristol City have had to go on an amazing run just to get into this position, it can't last forever. A win on Monday, we go above them and the rest is in our hands...

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thought this post was relevant to the debate. It really is a complex situation and on paper we have one of the more favourable run-ins.

It’s the hope that kills you.  On paper 6th is not just a mere possibility it is far more likely. Pity is we play on grass and we are not playing very well.  Needs something special to happen that we haven’t seen in the last 3 months.  Mount comes back as a world beater providing chances for Marriott who consistently converts them.  Or Nuge suddenly remembers how to score.  I hope I’m wrong but it is more likely that we continue with our current form.

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Hmmm call me pessimistic or realistic? I wish I had your optimistic view. 

The 6 above are either playing well or grinding out results, picking up victories against team they should be. We on the other hand have been lucky to pick up the points we have since November if you’re being totally honest.

Frank looks lost at the minute which is the wrong part of the season to be lost. Maybe like us he’s kidding himself by looking for excuses like ‘need huddz in the 11’, ‘once Mount’s back we’ll be alright’ ‘play 3 at the back’, ‘need to get Jack fit’ etc, etc. which doesn’t seem to make things better.

I’m not bashing Frank, I hope he stays and gets the summer to assess, reflect, recruit and build on this season, which I think has moved us away from the brooding for the mac1 14/15 season. Let’s be up there for the right reasons, not because were desperate. 

Archived