The Championship 18/19

David

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god we have the fit and proper persons check to make sure people like this dont get to own football clubs. Id hate to see who started buying up football clubs if we weren't stopping all the drug dealers, rapists and bakery burners from doing so.

18 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

It’s an absolutely awful night here in Sheffield,I’m hoping for a Blades win simply because the Wendies are 4 points behind us...4!!!☹️

Think it will be a win for the Wendies John,Steve Bruce knows what it takes to win a championship derby

Real lack of quality in the Sheffield derby. I can't say I've seen many Championship games this season where talent has overcome the bad refereeing decisions and all-round general head and kick style, although many of them have been Derby games.

Leeds, really, the only team that I've seen and been impressed by. Villa as well, but I've seen them have some horrible performances this season too. 

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Norwich? Assuming you've seen more than just Derby games.

I haven't seen too much of Norwich, but they did well against us at Pride Park. I didn't even manage to catch the game at their place, other than the highlights. No doubt they're doing well though. It's quite rare they manage to keep the ball out of their goal though. 

5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

How the hell can they be within FFP? £62m in one season vs £39m over three? Doesn't add up, even with my maths skills.

Maybe theyre not. Bournemouth and QPR both got fined at a later date - still time for Wolves to receive a paltry fine as well.

1 hour ago, David said:

You can view the certificate online by googling it.

My guess is that they haven't done their homework and written up all the things in the Operations Manual that they should have, such as where all the medical people and kit is going to be located. a lot of this stuff is about having thorough procedures that can be properly invoked in the event they're needed, rather than have a load of people meaning well but rushing around like headless chickens.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

My guess is that they haven't done their homework and written up all the things in the Operations Manual that they should have, such as where all the medical people and kit is going to be located. a lot of this stuff is about having thorough procedures that can be properly invoked in the event they're needed, rather than have a load of people meaning well but rushing around like headless chickens.

It is more about not paying their stewards and not having enough available to ensure the match goes ahead. 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

It is more about not paying their stewards and not having enough available to ensure the match goes ahead. 

I think the second is the more likely, the procedure manual and so on will likely be similar to the one implemented when the ground was first built, reviewed periodically, but fundamentally isn't going to change hugely season to season and that stadium has been there a while now. In the context of recent problems at Bolton they probably need to pay police and medical and H&S staff and stewards and it does sound like "we don't want to have to, but there would be huge public liabilities on us if we don't act and let this go ahead knowing the safety certificate's provisions aren't being met"

Archived