Goodbye

PistoldPete2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Great performance by osaka. Miss Williams is  very angry lady though

When you have been all conquering, it's tough to come to terms with your failing powers. 

Feel sorry for the winner. Her debut Grand Slam title has been overshadowed by the ridiculous whining of Williams. 

@PistoldPete2 I think you are making a mistake leaving for good. This for has always been good for finding gossip out about the Rams, and on the odd occasion excellent for debating football matters. Freedom of speech throughout the forum imo has been censured, admittedly even more so recently,, maybe down to new circumstances, who knows, however those are the rules and look as though they are there to protect the income, which is understandable.

I find not posting as often helps, taking time away, which is a shame as the forum used to be good fun at times, however it’s still the best site for Derby information  and leaving for good you will miss it.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

@PistoldPete2 I think you are making a mistake leaving for good. This for has always been good for finding gossip out about the Rams, and on the odd occasion excellent for debating football matters. Freedom of speech throughout the forum imo has been censured, admittedly even more so recently,, maybe down to new circumstances, who knows, however those are the rules and look as though they are there to protect the income, which is understandable.

I find not posting as often helps, taking time away, which is a shame as the forum used to be good fun at times, however it’s still the best site for Derby information  and leaving for good you will miss it.

He can still read the forum, unless @David turns on the members only read switch again.  He has been known to do it in the past.

47 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

When you have been all conquering, it's tough to come to terms with your failing powers. 

Feel sorry for the winner. Her debut Grand Slam title has been overshadowed by the ridiculous whining of Williams. 

Hey its all good though,  fined her 17 thousand dollars. Im sure this will teach her, afterall thats a significant amount of her 1.85 million dollars prize money.

36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He can still read the forum, unless @David turns on the members only read switch again.  He has been known to do it in the past.

Now I guess that’s a piss take, which for me is quite acceptable, I’d be more than happy to get engaged and wouldn’t be offended no matter what level it descended to, however past experience leads me to beleive it’s only certain posters that are allowed to get engaged in that kind of thing...maybe I’m wrong ?

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Now I guess that’s a piss take, which for me is quite acceptable, I’d be more than happy to get engaged and wouldn’t be offended no matter what level it descended to, however past experience leads me to beleive it’s only certain posters that are allowed to get engaged in that kind of thing...maybe I’m wrong ?

Well I agree it’s a difficult job, but getting a ban isn’t something you are allowed to really talk about on the forum if you’ve had one.  You’d be surprised by who was on it if you ever saw the list of previously banned members.

But I know what you mean.

jeeez, I’ve been banned more than anyone in the history of the forum.

51 minutes ago, Boycie said:

That was temporary whilst a few issues were dealt with, not something that would ever be made permanent.

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I really don't want to get into one of these pointless debates, but any chance you could give it a rest for once? By continually repeating your view with the conviction that you are right and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, you're exhibiting the very behaviour that prompted the new rules.

Having the courage of one's convictions is not 'exhibiting the very behaviour that prompted the new rules'. It's was the resulting arguments that brought about the changes, as you well know yourself. A good few of us played our part in the rows on here, myself very much included and singling people out says rather more about you than them. 

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

By continually repeating your view with the conviction that you are right and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, you're exhibiting the very behaviour that prompted the new rules.

Yup, racism etc is wrong. I'm sticking to that whether you like it or not. Me holding that opinion has nothing to do with current changes. 

9 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Yup, racism etc is wrong. I'm sticking to that whether you like it or not. Me holding that opinion has nothing to do with current changes. 

I dont think many people disagree its wrong,  i think what people often disagree on is what is classed as racism.

There's no doubt in my mind that David and colleagues have made absolutely the right decision in restricting the type of subjects discussed in an open forum. Many of the contributors to this thread seem very focussed on protecting their own turf and posting rights but seem to be missing the point of the effect their comments may have on others putting aside any legal ramifications. My ten year old granddaughter has access to this forum - one of the posters in this thread defending their own position I noted using a basic work around to avoid the profanity filter in one of the restricted subjects. Would I want my granddaughter reading that - no. Would one expect to see these subjects on open access in a football forum - no. The forum will be better in the longer for the removal of the topics. 

7 hours ago, David said:

It's both in all honesty, but I will admit legal issues concern me more than member squabbles.

The problem with the law is that it's so outdated and very very grey, including the pages you linked to. I recently spoke with my solicitor with regards to the new GDPR law and they were still trying to figure that one out themselves. 

We all know football is a game of opinions, Keogh is either a top Championship defender or a two footed Wally that needs to walk away from the game depending on which member you listen to.

Away from football comments in this topic show how differently people can the view things, earlier it was claimed a clique was on place on the forum, few posts later praising the forum for not having a clique.

Now the forum is too sanitised, yet I've had members close their accounts because it's become too toxic.

Which is it? 

It's a big problem with electronic communication in general, lost count of the arguments with my girlfriend I have unwittingly started by a light hearted text....even with an emoji. What would you like for dinner, whatever.....be like that then, pardon? We've all been there don't deny it.

As the person who is responsible for providing this platform, hate speech is one can of worms I am particularly concerned over and for good reason. Between 2011 and 2016, 2500 people in London were arrested for offensive posts online. One faced a two year legal battle over a joke. A joke that was probably no worse than you would hear out of a comedians mouth on stage, debate that one out, why is it ok to crack a joke on stage but not online?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/arrests-for-offensive-facebook-and-twitter-posts-soar-in-london-a7064246.html

This is not a small forum, but it does not have the legal team behind it that your Facebook's and Twitter have.

This is a very real email I received just over 3 years ago from our server providers with regards to posts on this forum. And I didn't ignore them, simply did not receive.

It's not a game. It's very real and this platform is under very real laws which are not clear. Feel like I am repeating myself but I really have to stress that if people feel that this forum prevents their freedom of speech or is too sanitised as it stays within the law I can only apologise, but I have no intention of jeopardising the future of dcfcfans.uk especially over topics that are way way way away from football.

Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 11.52.34.jpg

That is a great post @David 

If anyone who reads it still keeps moaning about the new rules, I think it would be better for everyone else if they just did one.

When we lose the next 4 matches, all this will be forgotten as the forum enters a proper, legal meltdown.

32 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

My point was not about your opinion (or anyone elses)  - I was criticising the behavior that you repeatedly exhibit which is to try and beat people senseless by posting your opinions over and over again whilst refusing to acknowledge that anyone else may have a valid view on the subject - it simply causes conflict and is very much (whether consciously or not) in the wind up merchant category. Knock yourself out replying if you feel the need, but this is that last I have to say in this part of the forum - footy or nowt from now on as I really do have better things to spend my time on......I can't even be bothered to point out the inaccuracies (or indeed the irony) in 86 points reply.... 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Well I agree it’s a difficult job, but getting a ban isn’t something you are allowed to really talk about on the forum if you’ve had one.  You’d be surprised by who was on it if you ever saw the list of previously banned members.

But I know what you mean.

jeeez, I’ve been banned more than anyone in the history of the forum.

I don’t know anyone who has been banned.   

Oh wait. 

DEL and I nearly started up in competition. 

6 hours ago, David said:

All I am saying is the core reason I would have thought anyone joined this forum was to discuss Derby County. Everything else just improves the experience. 

I have always compared forums to pubs so he comes what will probably be a poor analogy because I'm great at those. One pub will not suit all, some prefer Standing Order, others the Brunswick, you choose the pub which you enjoy having a pint in.

The main reason you go to the pub is for a pint though, it feels like some have forgot they came for a pint or just looking for the punch up and throw a few chairs around.

As the landlord, I have to protect the licence otherwise the council can revoke our licence to trade and doors will be shut. Everyone that came in, enjoyed a pint without causing any trouble will be left trying to find other pubs. 

Remember when the DET shut it's doors?

Your post came across as mocking those that came to the pub to have a pint, "tactical geniuses" which I'm guessing is down to your views on posts at 2pm on Saturday afternoons. I can semi share your views with, but at the same time if all we do is nod in agreement with every selection, formation or signing we'll be serving flat watered down Fosters only.

I want to provide the drinks, the pool table, music, darts board, weekly quiz, everything that makes a great pub, but we need our clientele to behave as adults, not a bunch of 17 year olds downing their first pints. 

Until then then the darts board has a padlock on it. Which may be removed if things settle down.

Any chance of table football?

Archived