Goodbye

PistoldPete2

After 9 years , 6,000 posts from me and many more from my alter ego predecessor , it is time for me to bow out of the DCFC fans forum.

Of course, I'm not bowing out of being a DCFC fan... Once a ram always a Ram. 

But as well as my devotion to the Rams I am also devoted to other things, one of those things being free speech. Sorry if that sounds precious , pompous or self righteous but there we are. 

Racism, homophobia, antithesis to particular religions and the like have no place on the Internet or anywhere else. But within those boundaries, a forum especially  is an outlet for views and of course not everyone will agree with every view. That is sort of the point. A zero tolerance of other people's views is really no better than any other form of intolerance. 

People should be treated with courtesy and respect. So I would like to thank David and his team for hosting what is a very well presented forum and one that historically until now has been informative and entertaining. 

So farewell and Come on You Rams!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's miserable. You're right the forum is much the poorer with the new rules, not helped by there not even being any football to discuss in the international break. Understand a decision to bow out. Hope you come back. 

Hope the forum evolves again to return to more interesting threads. I write books and TV stuff and the accepted wisdom is that without drama, tension and conflict everything is poorer and less interesting. 

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So farewell and Come on You Rams!

When I first started posting I think it was to disagree with something you said. I even got warned for insulting you. 

Since then, we've disagreed many times, but I have come to like and respect you, so I hope you won't absent yourself for long. Fully understand the reasoning if you do though. 

i understand your decision and respect the reasoning behind it.  i am not leaving the forum, but i don't think i will be posting much.  Free speech is important to me and if i am not allowed to discuss this or that, i am inclined to not discuss much at all.

Farewell, i will miss your input PistoldPete

This forum is far too sanitised for it's own good, be a shame if you leave it but I fully understand why .I go on LTLF quite a bit mainly to watch them suffer and whilst it can be a bit OTT sometimes it is more in line with what a football forum should be .

The same applies to others like oatcake etc this place is like Mumsnet,.

1 hour ago, Lambchop said:

When I first started posting I think it was to disagree with something you said. I even got warned for insulting you. 

Since then, we've disagreed many times, but I have come to like and respect you, so I hope you won't absent yourself for long. Fully understand the reasoning if you do though. 

Yes that's the point... We can disagree, but respect each other's right to an opinion. That's the point of a forum. anyway thanks for the kind words. I understand that once you leave, that's it there's a no returns policy. 

Ffs this is a football forum to talk about Derby County if you want to talk about Trump, May or that other Dick then find a political forum to spout your tripe. Who cares I for one think this is a better place with these subjects banned. It’s a minority that has ruined it for the rest. What is best the minority don’t even realise who they are.

42 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes that's the point... We can disagree, but respect each other's right to an opinion. That's the point of a forum. anyway thanks for the kind words. I understand that once you leave, that's it there's a no returns policy. 

You can come back, you just have to be honest about it. @David will explain all i'm sure

3 hours ago, sage said:

You can come back, you just have to be honest about it. @David will explain all i'm sure

Accounts that are deleted can not be recovered as in posts attributed to the profile, all your information is removed from the server. 

As for members returning after closing accounts if we believe members do so under different usernames to troll the forum they will be closed.

Also any member returning that left whilst having warning points applied to their account will have them reinstated with the expiry reset.

I would always recommend scrambling login details but leaving the email address untouched, that way if members decide they want some time out we can help them return at a later date by verifying the email address.

If members are adamant they want the account deleted, drop me a PM and the account is then deleted in 7 days. If during the 7 days you change your mind drop me a PM and the request is forgotten. 

11 minutes ago, Moist One said:

don't go @PistoldPete2 the forum will evolve again. It was just becoming too nasty before.

I concur, it was becoming nasty but that begs the question why weren’t those responsible banned instead of those that could debate without resorting to the unpleasant stuff being deprived of the privilege ? Some might say that because one of the protagonists has managed to ingratiate themselves with the clique, a ban would be out of the question, I of course couldn’t comment on that but I do wonder ? 

26 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I concur, it was becoming nasty but that begs the question why weren’t those responsible banned instead of those that could debate without resorting to the unpleasant stuff being deprived of the privilege ? Some might say that because one of the protagonists has managed to ingratiate themselves with the clique, a ban would be out of the question, I of course couldn’t comment on that but I do wonder ? 

Which protagonist are you referring to?

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Ffs this is a football forum to talk about Derby County if you want to talk about Trump, May or that other Dick then find a political forum to spout your tripe. Who cares I for one think this is a better place with these subjects banned. It’s a minority that has ruined it for the rest. What is best the minority don’t even realise who they are.

I’ve looked in a mirror and I’m guilty. 

Archived