View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

Lampard obviously told his players to come out for the second half and use their best professional antics to get under our skins and to influence the officials to their benefit...

...an expensive outfit resorted to underhand tactics because they couldn't match the honest efforts of a team they look down upon with disdain

I thought the Ref had a mare. His bookings of Wood and Mattock were totally unjustified. He constantly fell for double salco dives any time a Rotherham player got anywhere near a Derby player - Waghorn in particular. We could well have had a penalty in the first half when Williams went down in the area and we only got a penalty awarded in the second half because the Lineman saw what was obvious to everyone else in the ground apart from the ref.

Nice to see a ref be strong in our favour for a change

thought it was 50/50 that [Mattock} might get a red

Vassell was also fortunate to not get a red when he charged in to the post Laurence tackle melee

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most undeserved draws in footballing history!

but we’ll take it!

Stunned that we escaped with a point, and a clean sheet. A good result despite a very poor first half performance. A lot better in the second half which was crucial.

Stunned that Derby can afford close to £7million for Martyn Waghorn, yet can't afford to pay for a dozen ball boys/girls. Helped add to the ponderous atmosphere of most of the game, and suited us well. 

Extremely fortunate to come away from that with a point. We were crap. Evans was MoM for me.

For the money Derby have spent and the furor at Lampard's appointment....they were not much better. 

Great result, proper reaction and spirit second half after we really struggled to contain Derby’s attacks first half - they really are a proper midfield unit, we hardly had a second hence the early change and Dack being quiet.

No surprise that Derby are topping possession tactics, they made us chase all night. Don’t think they’ll do much though because some of their final third stuff was woeful. Perhaps they’re missing Tom Lawrence!

Derby had chances but they have more quality but the last 20/25 mins they faded. 

Derby only 3 shots from 22 attempts is awful

Derby were poor too, they ran out of ideas and a better side would have scored a hatful tonight

I was certain we’d lose at half time so I’m seeing it as a good point against a decent side. Thought Derby passed it well and have a decent noisy home support. They will be up there at the end of the season.

It's a good job Derby didn't have a striker like Simon Garner! I thought their midfield was excellent but they lacked any real presence up front. That Mason Mount is a terrific player.

Most Blackburn fans think they escaped a battering. Praising our midfield 3, closing down, our passing as a team, but didn’t think we were a threat up top. 

Mixed bag in terms of how good they think we are and how well we’ll do this season. Bit like this forum in that respect. 

Quotes taken from: https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33560-derby-vs-rovers-post-match-thread/

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

They are correct in one thing we don’t have a presence up front who is a major threat - it may come but I can’t currently see it 

Walking the dog this morning I was thinking that we missed (shhhh) Martin a la 2013-2016 last night. For all Nugent's running there's no real threat or presence. I was hoping to see Waghorn given a run in that role.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

They are correct in one thing we don’t have a presence up front who is a major threat - it may come but I can’t currently see it 

Waghorn was a waste of money as he is no better than Bennet and Marriot is also a waste of money if he spends his time on the bench or not even on the bench for some games. Marriot should be our best striker based of his pace ,movement and last seasons form so I think we should start him in the next few games to give him a proper chance to prove his worth. If he turns out to be as successful as  Blackman more due to a lack of game time  with Waghorn not doing much to justify his price as well and with Malone on the bench who we paid 3 mill for our summer recruitment will have proved to be pitiful and a real concern.

8 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Waghorn was a waste of money as he is no better than Bennet and Marriot is also a waste of money if he spends his time on the bench or not even on the bench for some games. Marriot should be our best striker based of his pace ,movement and last seasons form so I think we should start him in the next few games to give him a proper chance to prove his worth. If he turns out to be as successful as  Blackman more due to a lack of game time  with Waghorn not doing much to justify his price as well and with Malone on the bench who we paid 3 mill for our summer recruitment will have proved to be pitiful and a real concern.

Nice to know that we're giving our players fair chances and time to make an impression smh.

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Nice to know that we're giving our players fair chances and time to make an impression smh.

It would also be nice to see the players we signed for big fees and probably big wages get given some starts  or else we should have just stuck with the attackers we had  like Martin and Nugent and bought in some quality in midfield I am not saying they aren't good palyers, I just think if they don't get many  starts they won't get the confidence and sharpness they need to make an impact when they do get the odd game and they will end up not doing anywhere near enough to justify their transfer fee and wages like many of the other signings we have made in the last few years. I think the team is crying out for a box to box midfielder who can run pass and tackle like an upgraded version of Bryson but instead we choose to buy more attackers than we can even fit on the bench. You would think with Lampard being a midfielder he would realise the importance of the most important position on the pitch.

41 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Can you write to Mel to ask if you can manage our club. I think you would be great at it.

32 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

It would also be nice to see the players we signed for big fees and probably big wages get given some starts  or else we should have just stuck with the attackers we had  like Martin and Nugent and bought in some quality in midfield I am not saying they aren't good palyers, I just think if they don't get many  starts they won't get the confidence and sharpness they need to make an impact when they do get the odd game and they will end up not doing anywhere near enough to justify their transfer fee and wages like many of the other signings we have made in the last few years. I think the team is crying out for a box to box midfielder who can run pass and tackle like an upgraded version of Bryson but instead we choose to buy more attackers than we can even fit on the bench. You would think with Lampard being a midfielder he would realise the importance of the most important position on the pitch.

You do realise we're in bloody September. The schedule is going to get a lot more hectic, we'll need those players we signed. It takes time to bed players in. Maybe you should have some faith in Lampard, I'm sure he signed Waghorn and Marriott for a reason.

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You sound like a man after my own heart. Sometimes on here comments are beyond words!

Indeed, Mel shouldn’t bother with a manager and just put team selection out to a fan vote.

Because clearly all that matters is which names  appear and how they are ordered on a piece of paper, the rest of this management lark is simply irrelevant!

21 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Time for a new name yet again!

He might start to improve if he gets a run in the team and prove a great signing but on current evidence he doesn't seem worth the money we spent  ,  I still don't understand the need for Nugent, Waghorn, Bennet, Jozefoon, Holmes ,Wilson , Lawrence and Marriot in the same squad 8 attackers for 3 spots in the 11 and 3 on the bench makes me think we would have done better to not bring in either Wilson or Waghorn and brought in a midfielder instead. We still have Anya as well who would do a job as an impact sub so that's 9 attackers.

10 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

He might start to improve if he gets a run in the team and prove a great signing but on current evidence he doesn't seem worth the money we spent  ,  I still don't understand the need for Nugent, Waghorn, Bennet, Jozefoon, Holmes ,Wilson , Lawrence and Marriot in the same squad 8 attackers for 3 spots in the 11 and 3 on the bench makes me think we would have done better to not bring in either Wilson or Waghorn and brought in a midfielder instead. We still have Anya as well who would do a job as an impact sub so that's 9 attackers.

I think Marriott in particular was bought for the longer term. Nugent will probably only have this season with us at his age but I think Marriott will learn a lot from him.  

Waghorn is being introduced gradually - he had the start at Rotherham and didn't do enough for me (or Frank, obviously!) All this does is give him the message to go away and try harder in training. He'll get plenty of chances - long season with games coming thick and fast.

If you recall, Vydra had a whole season not quite working out before his really good season last year.

I actually quite like that Frank is judging players on their current form and fitness, without respect to their status or price tags! Try not to worry about that - it's not our money after all.

News from the inside before the game was that a lot of us were saying how well Blackburn had started and how difficult a game it might be. News from the outside after the game is that Tony Mowbray said he would have been embarrassed if they had won but he is delighted with a very hard earned draw against a very good side.

Very encouraging and backs up what most of us saw. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

News from the inside before the game was that a lot of us were saying how well Blackburn had started and how difficult a game it might be. News from the outside after the game is that Tony Mowbray said he would have been embarrassed if they had won but he is delighted with a very hard earned draw against a very good side.

Very encouraging and backs up what most of us saw. 

Can’t click and paste but notice the DET comment about him being impressed by the intensity of Derby’s play and picking out Bradley Johnson for his display in a defensive midfield role.

Shock for some but an opposition manager recognition and quoted as saying “I think the lad Johnson controlled the game”.

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Can’t click and paste but notice the DET comment about him being impressed by the intensity of Derby’s play and picking out Bradley Johnson for his display in a defensive midfield role.

Shock for some but an opposition manager recognition and quoted as saying “I think the lad Johnson controlled the game”.

Yay, he saw the same game I did ?

Archived