View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

3 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Few years back I found myself coming out of Fulham Broadway station late Saturday afternoon. Chelsea had just finished a game. I asked a couple of 50 something, bald, middle aged spread, harrington jacketed lads what the score was.  They queried my accent...told them I was from Derby... as I left one of them shouted after me " OI MATE...hows yer seats"!!! 

You should have replied with "better than you're own fans that you threw them down on ya thick twit"

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

You should have replied with "better than you're own fans that you threw them down on ya thick twit"

13 minutes ago, ossieram said:

They looked like a right pair of knuckleheads Ossie mate.... Im a bit past dancing and sparring these days. Should have had Utch with me huh!!

6 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

They looked like a right pair of knuckleheads Ossie mate.... Im a bit past dancing and sparring these days. Should have had Utch with me huh!!

I'd have limped after them and had strong words about the state of my knees - thanks to chasing them the full length of Osmaston Road in 1983....

15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

its hard to explain how absolutely mental those days were. I guess you had to be there to fully understand the sheer lunacy of it all.

would not change it for the world full time job in those days ,we used to meet up at 8.30am saturday morning and that was just for the home games,those were the days aah the stories eh

• 2 weeks later...

Some views from the Rotherham fans after Saturday's match. As usual a mix of zealots, realists and prats - a bit like us! ? Rightly they should celebrate their win but their view of some of the decisions is a bit biased - they got all the major calls.

What I find most interesting are the comments about Lampard being a big time Charlie. 

I think Frank has got to find a way to get the team responding to the fact that teams will try harder against us because we're perceived as big spenders (which we are in comparison to Rotherham to be fair). Him being manager just adds to that - I bet no-one was getting excited about the manager's credentials when we had Wassall's team playing there. 

In retrospect, I would have taken the humiliation of that 3-3 draw over Saturday's debacle! 

http://www.millersbanter.co.uk/mobile.spark?p=topic&topic=64945868

Archived