View from the outside 2018-2019

Derbados

To be fair a lot of normal Man U fans have said derby weren’t the better side played better football and deserved to win and Man U had a strong team out and they actually played ok 

and then of course there are the nerdy ones who think because you spend money pay high wages it makes you better than others and everything should be easy- life is not like that.

i assume we made nearly everybody in the country very happy last night!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a bit of praise coming from the Manure forum after that...if you're willing to wade through all the Mourinho out posts:

"Got schooled by his student Lampard, ffs. This one would rankle in Mourinho's mind. Derby actually played better attacking football than us. So for those saying we need signings, how do Bielsa and Lampard make Championship players play more attractively than us?"

"Derby deserved to win. Outplayed us at home. And we had a good team out."

"The sad part is that we got outplayed by a championship side that looked far more cohesive and far more like a team under a manager that has under 10 games in his managerial career."

"Credit to Derby. They showed some nice stuff but when they made mistakes we didn't capitalize. Our defense was cut through at least twice...we were poor overall. The way Derby took their penalties reflected their performance. They deserved to win. "

"Derby played us off the park and that's just not on"

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

Some of their fans are a tad mardy and arrogant but the post match thread on their main forum is highly complimentary with most saying Derby deserved to win. 80% of their mardiness is directed at Jose unsurprisingly with the balance mainly reserved for Phil Jones  http://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-derby-county.441746/

Some great lines in there - I particularly liked this one.....although not particularly complimentary of Granty

Grant, some good saves, but the shootout? Christ on a bike, he barely attempted to go in any direction on some of them, opting instead to go on all fours and crawl about a bit. 

13 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

I was listening to Talk Sport on the way home from the game.

One caller said they shouldn’t be losing to us because we’re the worst team in Premier League history!

The phone in was quite funny. Man Utd fans moaning. You’d think the world is about to end.

Yep I heard that too.

What a muppet considering nobody connected to that era remains at the club! Yet another idiot living in the past!

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

Remember when fergie said Phil Jones could be the best player in uniteds history. Should have known a brain injury was on the cards when that statement popped out his mouth. They all hate him

I don't get what anyone sees in Jones. How he went to the WC ahead of Smalling is anyone's guess. He is bang average.

Wouldn't thank you if smalling or jones were given too us,not good enough for the present Derby squad and not sure how they have created a career at manure.

last night's performance was one i will re flect on  with pride and as memorable as many of the games with BC in charge in our prime.?

well done lads a real team performance ,tenacity,skill,work rate, commitment,enthusiasm and team work was a joy to watch.

Archived