Fans - Palace vs Liverpool

JoeDerby

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Any negative fans, please put on Sky Sports and watch/listen to how the palace fans are getting behind there team when losing 1-0.

exactly how it should be done.

win, lose or draw, get behind the lads, they need us!!!!!

Not a question of negative fans, they were annoyed/wound up by the penalty decision... we'd be the same.

They do chant a lot, but they all wear the same £5.99 homemade black T-shirt and think at they are at the Stadio San Paulo circa 1991.

Bunch of posers.

Can't wait until they get relegated and they are back to getting 10k rattling around one of the worst grounds in the top two tiers.

As the old saying goes - it's a passion, not a fashion.

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Palace fans are a myth... One little corner of The Helmsdale. Meh.

They don’t even have that this season, asked the club for a bigger block behind the goal but the club refused as too many fans would be displaced. As a result they didn’t renew the option on the block they were in.

Last night pretty much heard Liverpool fans all game, not so much Palace unless I’m losing my hearing.

Well I know what fans I'd rather play in front of.

The hostile atmosphere at pride park makes our own players nervy. It's a fact. We need to make it a fortress, not a slaughter house for our own players.

Get behind them, give them the freedom to play and enjoy their football..

No wonder we sign decent players and turn them into nervous wrecks and the likes of Johnny Russell jumped ship.

Decent atmosphere last night. Palace have always generated a decent noise. Where the cameras and microphones are may enhance this however. As it's an old school ground, the camera is right at the back of the stand they put home and away fans in I believe so may pick more up as a result. 

Decent game though, very open until Liverpool got the second. 

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So 4 out of the final top 6 are already in place after 2 games.....!? Brilliant league, best league in the world......

Yeah. Lets see how all the other leagues look after 2 games. 

I wonder if Bayern, PSG, Madrid, Juventus or Barcelona will be mid-table after 2 games. ?

If they are, it will DEFINITELY prove that their leagues are more interesting. ?

1 hour ago, JoeDerby said:

Well I know what fans I'd rather play in front of.

The hostile atmosphere at pride park makes our own players nervy. It's a fact. We need to make it a fortress, not a slaughter house for our own players.

Get behind them, give them the freedom to play and enjoy their football..

No wonder we sign decent players and turn them into nervous wrecks and the likes of Johnny Russell jumped ship.

Firstly, if it's a fact, where is your undeniable evidence?

Secondly (and for the millionth time - I don't do exaggeration) do you genuinely believe that the atmosphere at PP is any different to the vast majority of other clubs?

Thirdly, JR was with us for five years during which time he would have enjoyed/endured the support from Derby fans. Unless you're suggesting he should have stayed with us for the remainder of his career, even without getting picked regularly, then I don't think you can fairly say he "jumped ship" due to the atmosphere generated by our fans.

5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Palace fans are a myth... One little corner of The Helmsdale. Meh.

Holmesdale. I remember it being a terrace that held 23,000. I was there when they got 51,482, officially, though it was probably over 60,000, 1979 v Burnley, to secure promotion to the old Division One. Now in those days the Holmesdale really rocked! 

If we were 1-0 down, applying serious pressure to a decent Liverpool side at home, and then had a player sent off and felt agreived then Pride Park would be rocking. 30k screaming support, no question.

Similarly, if Palace were 4-1 down at home and played off the park by a strong Leeds side in the second tier, you could hear a pin drop at Selhurst Park.

Context. In the Premier League, fans are more ready to accept being an underdog if you are a large fish in a very very very huge pond. In the Championship, when you are a large fish in an average size pond, the fans get more frustrated when things aren’t going right.

Comparing Derby fans in the second tier to Palace fans at home in front of the TV cameras in front of one of Europe’s biggest clubs is not a like-for-like comparison.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

If we were 1-0 down, applying serious pressure to a decent Liverpool side at home, and then had a player sent off and felt agreived then Pride Park would be a very noisy place indeed.

Similarly, if Palace were 4-1 down at home and played off the park by a strong Leeds side in the second tier, you could hear a pin drop at Pride Park.

Context. In the Premier League, fans are more ready to accept being an underdog if you are a large fish in a very very very huge pond. In the Championship, when you are a large fish in an average size pond, the fans get more frustrated when things aren’t going right.

Comparing Derby fans in the second tier to Palace fans at home in front of the TV cameras in front of one of Europe’s biggest clubs is not a like-for-like comparison.

The voice of common sense

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Firstly, if it's a fact, where is your undeniable evidence?

Secondly (and for the millionth time - I don't do exaggeration) do you genuinely believe that the atmosphere at PP is any different to the vast majority of other clubs?

Thirdly, JR was with us for five years during which time he would have enjoyed/endured the support from Derby fans. Unless you're suggesting he should have stayed with us for the remainder of his career, even without getting picked regularly, then I don't think you can fairly say he "jumped ship" due to the atmosphere generated by our fans.

I do genuinely believe that the atmosphere is much more negative than most other clubs. For some reason, our fans expectations are much higher than most in this division, we are going to lose games along the way, it's football.

The stick that Forsyth got lost year was nothing short of shocking, a cracking servant to Derby County, returning from a serious injury and he got mocked and booed - disgusting. If a player has a bad game, hes the worst player in the world, if he has a good game the week after, he's amazing.. really?

I'm asking for the 'fans' to get behind the team or stay at home and watch it on the TV.

The Holmesdale at Palace is a cringeworthy mock up of foreign ultra culture with boxtick bland rhythmical chanting. They're the most embarrassing fans in the top 2 divisions & definitely not worthy of any praise. 

And every club in the country has 'good support' in the top division - look at Stoke - crowds of barely 12,000 in  the Championship, then they get promoted under Pulis & all of a sudden get 25,000 singing that weird Delilah song.

Our 'noise/support' issues stem from the air of expectation we've had the club since 2013 - that creates a very different mood to that experienced at medium sized Premiership clubs mixing with the big boys

35 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah. Lets see how all the other leagues look after 2 games. 

I wonder if Bayern, PSG, Madrid, Juventus or Barcelona will be mid-table after 2 games. ?

If they are, it will DEFINITELY prove that their leagues are more interesting. ?

Every league you mention there was done and dusted by Christmas last year....and throw the pub league in Scotland into that too....they are all poop....the real league is the Championship....

Generally speaking, we're no better nor worse than other fans. Birmingham fans I know say the same thing happens at St Andrews with their bargain bucket players and minimal expectations. You only have to listen to the radio to hear the moaning from arsenal, Chelsea etc fans. 

Archived