Fans - Palace vs Liverpool

JoeDerby

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The only time I have seen Selhurst rock was when Status Quo played there. 

You're lucky, my last time there was 2007 watching Gary Teale bottle (yet another) tackle to let them in to score and win the game. We missed out on the automatics on the last day of the season.

Guess I should be happy - we got Wembley as a result....

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Never been but here's from Urban Dictionary: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pengé

"Proper noun: Frenchified form of Penge, a south London suburb which is full of pikeys and as rough as a badger's arse. It has recently enjoyed an influx of gentrifiers who are desperately talking the area up. If pronounced 'ponjay' (with a very soft 'j') an estate agent will add £2500 to the price of your crack den with a blocked toilet."

Ooh....now is “ponjay “ anywhere close to St Reatham?? ?

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

You're lucky, my last time there was 2007 watching Gary Teale bottle (yet another) tackle to let them in to score and win the game. We missed out on the automatics on the last day of the season.

Guess I should be happy - we got Wembley as a result....

Little Angry was mascot that day ?

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Idiaikiez scored a cracking free kick into the North Stand end. I think it was 2-0, I know it was pretty boring.

One of the best free kicks for me. Bent it round the wall from out on the right, then it bent back inside the left hand post!

"Unbelievable Jeff!"

6 hours ago, Rambam said:

Holmesdale. I remember it being a terrace that held 23,000. I was there when they got 51,482, officially, though it was probably over 60,000, 1979 v Burnley, to secure promotion to the old Division One. Now in those days the Holmesdale really rocked! 

Seem to recall that Palace also got the record attendance for the old Fourth Division in a game against Peterborough with promotion at stake.  c 49,000 if I recall correctly in the early / mid1960s, when Peterborough were new to league football and broke the league scoring record with 132 goals ! 

A couple of seasons earlier Peterborough averaged 6,500 in the old Midland League, playing against Matlock, Heanor, Ilkeston, etc!

5 hours ago, loweman2 said:

love that @Carl Sagan !! "ponjay" ha ha !!!! I spent many a happy day in my youth around Ponjay !! my nan used to live there and my cousins so went down there every school holiday, had my first beer in a pub in ponjay, also lost my virginity in a grave yard in ponjay !! great place !! it looks like its not improved much !!

Lost your virginity in a graveyard?? Just hope all that digging was worth the effort 

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Never been but here's from Urban Dictionary: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pengé

"Proper noun: Frenchified form of Penge, a south London suburb which is full of pikeys and as rough as a badger's arse. It has recently enjoyed an influx of gentrifiers who are desperately talking the area up. If pronounced 'ponjay' (with a very soft 'j') an estate agent will add £2500 to the price of your crack den with a blocked toilet."

I’m looking forward to seeing if Gipsy Hill (my family live there) ever gets gentrified. Shocked that they still use the name to be honest in this day and age

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Not usually one to criticise fans but I was really disappointed by how many got on Bogle’s back. 

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Moaning, groaning and grumbling was all you could hear ont wireless. Moody buggers arent we.

This was not evident from the middle of the South Stand. I sometimes think I'm at a different match as all around me are getting behind the team.

Penge, Gypsy Hill and Crystal Palace are now all highly gentrified and you’d be challenged to find either a badger or a pikey. I did spot one cigar at Selhurst Park on Monday night but otherwise the atmosphere was staunchly working class. The reason they were backing Palace heavily during a 0-1 deficit was because they hoped to see the best from one of the country’s best teams but as good as Liverpool were they had to resort to diving to win. (Their keeper was magnificent by the way).

6 hours ago, peartreecres said:

Penge, Gypsy Hill and Crystal Palace are now all highly gentrified and you’d be challenged to find either a badger or a pikey. I did spot one cigar at Selhurst Park on Monday night but otherwise the atmosphere was staunchly working class. The reason they were backing Palace heavily during a 0-1 deficit was because they hoped to see the best from one of the country’s best teams but as good as Liverpool were they had to resort to diving to win. (Their keeper was magnificent by the way).

I once got in late from a flight and went for food at McDonald’s in Penge at 3am. I saw a physical brawl between the shift supervisor and an employee

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

This was not evident from the middle of the South Stand. I sometimes think I'm at a different match as all around me are getting behind the team.

I can't be too far away from you and I was disgusted by it last night. Around the 30 minute mark, the level of impatience, anger and vitriol being spewed at the defence for not playing an inch perfect 60 yard cross field ball to someone was pathetic. Cretin behind me was screaming about how we're relegation quality, worst football he's watched in years, Keogh should retire. Funny thing is, Keogh didn't even do anything wrong at that point!

Only consolation is that it wasn't just me telling him to shut up and support the team.

Was watching via red buttin on Sky and the only audio/microphone to hear the fans had to be coming from the TV camera its self. All you could hear was the same guy screaming his head off at a sideways pass. This started around the 30 min mark and continued till Ledley's screamer. If he continues to scream with anger like this at 0-0 he wont make it to 60 for sure.

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It might be the microphone placement  but on Rams TV the ground sounded like a morgue. 

The atmosphere is crap to be honest. People sit in the south stand because its the cheapest not because they want to help with the atmosphere. I sit in the southstand towards to bottom and hardly anyone around me sings.  The most vocal it gets around there is when forsyth or Keogh get the ball and they have someone to berate.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

The atmosphere is crap to be honest. People sit in the south stand because its the cheapest not because they want to help with the atmosphere. I sit in the southstand towards to bottom and hardly anyone around me sings.  The most vocal it gets around there is when forsyth or Keogh get the ball and they have someone to berate.

Its sad but I think the only way to reverse this is literally by blowing teams away week after week. You know like Man City...……….

Archived