v Ipswich Town (H) Match Thread

Derby blood

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Anyone who thought Tom Ince was lazy was just plain wrong. It's not as if its varying degrees of laziness ?

Lawrence barely puts any effort in when another Derby player has the ball, let alone when the opposition has it! 

And at least Ince looked at the ball some of the time when he was missing headers...

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m starting to see the reasons for people getting on Lawrence’s back. Young players are allowed to make mistakes, but something I can’t abide (and I’m a teacher (sort of, trainer really)) is when people continually make the same mistake and don’t learn from it. You’ve got to learn from you’re mistakes, they’re the best learning tool, but if you can’t learn from your mistakes, you’re just stupid, and there’s no hope for you. 

Can’t believe Rowett essentially swapped Ince for Lawrence. Then when he needed an ince type player, he bought ince, and didn’t even think about buying Lawrence off us. 

Im normally very tolerant, but Lawrence offers nothing, he’s shown he’s not going to learn, and we’ve got countless options that could replace him. He’s dead to me. 

I’m unsure what the game plan is. Not blaming the centre backs at all but surely they’ll end up passing to an Ipswich player and give it it away. 3cms yet we have no control in midfield. I’ve seen all games bar the Millwall and not seen us play the football Lampard talks about. Need a quality midfield box to box player and that definitely isn’t Mount or Bryson. 

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I missed what happened to Evans.

Lower leg got caught under him as he fell. 

Based on that and his reaction (and based ONLY on those two things), it looks ACL related. But no idea of seriousness at this stage. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

SSN said was a collision and looked like he hyperextended his knee. Tried to run it off but came off 5 mins later.

To clarify, he came back on, played a couple of passes, was then forced to play the ball with his bad leg. He immediately grimaced and demanded that Tomori kick the ball out of play.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Anyone who thought Tom Ince was lazy was just plain wrong. It's not as if its varying degrees of laziness ?

Lawrence barely puts any effort in when another Derby player has the ball, let alone when the opposition has it! 

Read my mind. 

Massive shame about Evans. Huge. 

Lawrence showing why I hoped he'd be sold to Stoke. Bennett and Forsyth good. Bogle growing into his shirt. 

If nothing much changes I'd switch Waghorn for Lawrence on 55 and Marriott for Nugent on 70.

Come on you Rams! 

Edit: I don't know the Rams TV commentator's name but I just hate watching our own channel and finding I know a million times more about Derby than he does. You expect it when it's national coverage, but there they make up for it by being expert commentators. 

Bryson has been woeful in the final 3rd today. He just completely destroyed our momentum by playing the ball inexplicably behind Mount, and then miscontrolled to give up the attack entirely. 

Archived