v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Looks like this season isn't going to be a write-off after all. It's going to be a relegation battle.

If we continue you like this then we will be in a relegation battle, but we won't either Lampard will get sacked in October or November or he will sort out the team and get us more solid defensively,  I think huddlestone and davies are massive players for us so with them in the team things will start to look a bit better.

2 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Tweaking with what loan signings? The players we have simply aren't suitable for playing out from the back, if we continue like this we will be lucky to finish in the top half.

balls to pressing, Butters and Evans in. Solved. 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

This is just mental to watch. Waghorn looks isolated up front, we appear outnumbered in midfield and when they counter it's usually 2v2 or 3v3 at the back. How is that possible? ?

Although Waghorn not laying that ball off to Mount when Keogh fizzed it into him was criminal. Trying to roll two defenders instead.

Players have forgotten how to kick a ball and what colour they're playing in. This is the fine line, If you get it wrong, like we have so far this season, you are so vulnerable. Basically, we have the 'let's outscore the opposition' philosophy without the scoring part so far. Not great, that.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Blessing in disguise

Take back what I praised Tomori the other day, he’s like a child here, always running towards the ball and never watching his man

Can you blame him though? He’s trying to force the game because his teammates can’t pass the ball and no-one is guiding him through the game like Curtis Davies would. Why aren’t some of the more experienced pros like Keogh, Johnson or Bryson telling him what to do? They’ve left him out there to be exposed. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Looks like this season isn't going to be a write-off after all. It's going to be a relegation battle.

We made a poor start last season and made the play offs. Poor starts under Billy Davies and Jim Smith and went up.

Looked awful under Smith until he signed Stimac. Early days yet.

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Tweaking with what loan signings? The players we have simply aren't suitable for playing out from the back, if we continue like this we will be lucky to finish in the top half.

How come you can’t debate my point? 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How bad must Reading be?

I was just thinking that! 

We desperately need Huddlestone / Thorne fit or Evans in. Without Davies the defense has no organisation. 

Should be Keogh's responsibility to keep the defense disciplined but if his CB partner isn't doing it, we've always been a complete mess over the years.

HT 2-0

I agree that the team needs time to settle in and that may take 7 or 8 games.

However, what really worries me is that you need the same 11, or maybe 12 or 13 players to bed in together and FL has so many options available that I think he'll be tinkering all the time.

Cox was a fantastic manager until he had too many options and then he couldn't make his mind up who the best 11 were.

I'm not even sure Frank knows his best 16 never mind 11.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Can you blame him though? He’s trying to force the game because his teammates can’t pass the ball and no-one is guiding him through the game like Curtis Davies would. Why aren’t some of the more experienced pros like Keogh, Johnson or Bryson telling him what to do? They’ve left him out there to be exposed. 

Safeguards Keogh's position in the team if he can help make his potential replacement look useless, he's been doing it for years 

I'm joking, in case it isn't obvious.

I was joking when I said Tommori looks like the ideal understudy to Keogh though, turns out it was actually quite an accurate statement.

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

balls to pressing, Butters and Evans in. Solved. 

With buttefield Cdm the team will be a shambles, the best team we can field in my opinion  is:

Carson

Wisdom  davies pearce Malone

Hudds  evans

Jozefoon        Mount   Waghorn

Marriot

We have signed loads of players but not addressed key areas of the team e.g Cb and holding midfielder , so our team is looking worse not better than last year.

Archived