v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Tomori was appalling against Leeds and yet again has been found wanting again. Not good enough at all. A decent showing against a league 2 side won’t change my mind 

He's not done much wrong so far other than giving the FK away for the first goal. 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Tomori was appalling against Leeds and yet again has been found wanting again. Not good enough at all. A decent showing against a league 2 side won’t change my mind 

we should play pearce and davies until January and then spend big on a centre back.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Need Davies back in this back 4 asap

Hmmmm 

not if we intend to persevere with playing it out from the back...... Worst player on the ball imo

what we need is to recognise as a squad we don't have the players to do it, as much as I like to watch us sweep the ball through the thirds on the floor, we don't have the midfield or defenders capable, or those that are aren't fit

Missed the first goal. The second came from an insistence to play out from the back, losing the ball from the high press. A speculative shot was heading wide but Tomori (all alone) lashed at it for some reaon, sending it speeding into the roof of the net. I hate it when defenders have such a lack of awareness.

But we have 70 minutes to win the game, which we may well yet. It would help if Mount could take a corner, but he doesn't seem able to lift it to the near edge of the penalty area. Surely Josefzoon should be taking them with Mount on the edge of the box liikking to smash any leftovers in?

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It's the midfield which is the problem. We don't have the right type of holding midfielder or linking midfielder.

We can't build attacks from the back. We're easily being turned over (possession).

Said it before. Mount and Bryson can’t play in the same team. With Johnson in there and two attacking full backs as well makes the situation worse . A recipe for disaster

This is like the team at the back of 14/15, at least McClaren had the excuses with injuries.

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Only because the system Lampard is trying to implement is not suitable with our players , we should go back to Rowett ball unless we want to finish around 15th .  We are trying to play like Man city with players like carson, johnson and Keogh  who are crap at passing and receiving the ball under pressure, Rowett did a good job with some of the crap players we have , if Lampard was planning to change the whole style he should have signed quality ball playing Cbs and Cdms instead of buying a ton of attacking players. I fear we could loose this 4 1 If we don't get our act together.

So you're saying we are going to score a goal? I will take that the way this is going at the moment.

2 minutes ago, irobinson said:

maybe we need a good defensive coach then!! local rec stuff at the mo

In fairness I might being overly generous in calling them all defenders - at least 5 of them are left backs who can't really defend.

Archived