Chris Martin - Player Discussion Thread.

'Rambe33

8 hours ago, SilentRam said:

He was good until January. The whole issue with signing a new contract while on loan changed everything. I live near to Craven Cottage. His game time decreased and he was often booed by some parts of the Fulham fans. To be honest, call it bad luck or karma but he has not been the same since signing a contract extension while away on a season long loan. And the irony is that it is that same very contract that makes teams dipping in to the loan market go for other strikers whose last good form was a couple of seasons ago.

His goals had dried up for us from around November 2015 onwards, however all strikers they go through lean spells. The above though is about right in my opinion. Events of Mac2 trying to get him back while on loan, Fulham digging their heels, CM going on strike, new lucrative contact (while on loan) signed, then to cap it off Mac gets the sack and Rowett didn’t want him. Sadly one of the most envied championship strikers from the previous 2/3 seasons ruined at 29. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. But to base your argument around the 'he's not played them or put them on the bench' line, when they've been injured is just plain nonsense.

Never said that.

Regardless whether Martin is currently fit or not buying 2 other strikers states the strikers FL has at his disposal are not good enough to play his style of football. 

It might also be the case that had Martin been fit and not injured he might well have gone in the summer transfer window again i am basing this on Waghorn and Marriot arriving this summer.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Never said that.

Regardless whether Martin is currently fit or not buying 2 other strikers states the strikers FL has at his disposal are not good enough to play his style of football. 

It might also be the case that had Martin been fit and not injured he might well have gone in the summer transfer window again i am basing this on Waghorn and Marriot arriving this summer.

We just don't know do we.

I suspect the truth is closer to your interpretation than the allowing him to regain proper fitness line, we'll find out in time.

In Frank we must trust.

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Never said that.

Yet the 2 you mention are not starting games. Therefore the strikers he had at his disposal may have been good enough. Frank just didn’t realise  that b4 we spunked 8 million on 2 subs 

Only just found time to watch the under 23s v Chelsea. 

Martin made scoring look easy and it made me think when was the last time I saw a Derby player make scoring look that easy? I can't remember anyone making scoring look that easy for a long time. Not only did he make scoring look easy, but the whole move was started by him and every touch he had in the build up to the goal he made it look easy. 

When his knockers have a go calling him lazy I suspect they do not take his footballing brain in to consideration, he does not need to run about like a headless chicken, when he scored it showed that he used his brain and rather than just running forward as fast as he could and ending up offside as many would, he thought about it and just trotted in to the perfect position.   

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 07:27, Raminphilippines said:

Only just found time to watch the under 23s v Chelsea. 

Martin made scoring look easy and it made me think when was the last time I saw a Derby player make scoring look that easy? I can't remember anyone making scoring look that easy for a long time. Not only did he make scoring look easy, but the whole move was started by him and every touch he had in the build up to the goal he made it look easy. 

When his knockers have a go calling him lazy I suspect they do not take his footballing brain in to consideration, he does not need to run about like a headless chicken, when he scored it showed that he used his brain and rather than just running forward as fast as he could and ending up offside as many would, he thought about it and just trotted in to the perfect position.   

You have to remember under 23 games are just like pre season friendlies....meaningless.

48 minutes ago, toddy said:

You have to remember under 23 games are just like pre season friendlies....meaningless.

Yep,so let's get him playing in the first team to show how he performs there...it's the only true measure and at last Martin (and Thorne) would be back in a system they thrive in.

Could be an eye opener for lampard.

Good suggestion toddy.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yep,so let's get him playing in the first team to show how he performs there...it's the only true measure and at last Martin (and Thorne) would be back in a system they thrive in.

Could be an eye opener for lampard.

Good suggestion toddy.

U23 games and pre season friends are for individual fitness only. In Martins case he is playing or he is out on loan.

If he is not playing tonight there is a very good chance he is already out of the door....

Archived