Chris Martin - Player Discussion Thread.

'Rambe33

3 minutes ago, Aries Sun said:

4349incip4117680.jpg

"He's our most intelligent.........................his foresight"

He's just like the old Albert Einstein.

Lol

The guy has a pace of a snail and doesn't do any defensive work, no tracking of his opponents whatsoever,

Frank Lampard was a hard working footballer and some people just don't seem to understand the meaning of "HARD WORKING" and what FL wants from his players.

Hard working doesn't mean walking on the pitch, mostly.

xT1XGWWEyHxVFa066Q.gif

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ill repeat it until I'm blue in the face...(and lampard gets it too!)

He's our most intelligent and deft striker....noone else gets close to his foresight and sheer ability on the ball (apart from Thorne obviously!)

Frank,FFS,just have a go at playing chrissie and Georgie together....you will bring from ear to ear and then realise you can win this division after all....

Honestly...the answers right in front of you....just give it a bloody go,this pair in the under 23's is heartbreaking!

P.s...if you really want to see what Bryson is about,the above will bring it out......COYR!!!!!!!

Talk about deluded ???

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ill repeat it until I'm blue in the face...(and lampard gets it too!)

He's our most intelligent and deft striker....noone else gets close to his foresight and sheer ability on the ball (apart from Thorne obviously!)

Frank,FFS,just have a go at playing chrissie and Georgie together....you will bring from ear to ear and then realise you can win this division after all....

Honestly...the answers right in front of you....just give it a bloody go,this pair in the under 23's is heartbreaking!

P.s...if you really want to see what Bryson is about,the above will bring it out......COYR!!!!!!!

i love george thorne this video just shows how good he is i really wish he could get back to thus player for us!

Would it really hurt to give him a run? I think that's the question we need answering.

Yeah a quality player on his day, but we have made new signings with Wags and Marriott, meaning that they are clearly the players Lampard will favour no? There is a reason as to why he has bought them. They would more likely suit his style of play. 

Having said that, he does offer something different to what the aforementioned players do, such as Marriott and Wags seem to be hard working pressing players whereas Martin is clearly an intelligent striker that brings more players in to play. Therefore could he be brought on against teams that are harder to break down?

I think if we do get rid of Nuge and Jerome there would be no harm in giving him some time, or even test Martin in the cup games. It would be good to see him pull the shirt on again. 

I'm also glad that he and Thorne are getting time in the U23's matches, getting sharper and fitter reading what Short has said at least anyway.

Either way, it is a debate that'll go on until the end of time I reckon.

My view, for what it’s worth, is that we remember CM & GT from their halcyon days when they played great football in a good footballing side. Today however time has passed, injuries and illnesses have occurred and the players may not be as good as they once were, however I don’t know this, but Frank sees them in training regularly and I would suggest that he does not see them as either good enough for the team or able to fit into his style of play.

I know many fans hanker after the old style of play with players who we enjoyed watching but I think we need to let Frank do his job and pick the team that he sees as the right one despite fans yearning for the good old days.

32 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Are you able to debate anymore, or do you simply label anyone who doesn’t agree with you as ‘deluded’?

How do you think that you come across when you do this?

You are a fine one to talk, the original poster is making completely outrageous claims about players who have either shown very indifferent form over the past 3 seasons or been injured or been ill, or been unfit.

I would have expected even the most ardent fan boys of CM and GT to have understood that.

I would love to see GT become the player he was, CM I have previously expressed my opinions on, CB is a difficult one, I am really not sure how I feel about him currently, he seems not at his best at present but I am willing to give him the opportunity to revel under FL.

Clear enough for you!

13 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

You are a fine one to talk, the original poster is making completely outrageous claims about players who have either shown very indifferent form over the past 3 seasons or been injured or been ill, or been unfit.

Well that's not true the OP was posting about him having a potential loan move away from the club ? 

58 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Would it really hurt to give him a run? I think that's the question we need answering.

Yeah a quality player on his day, but we have made new signings with Wags and Marriott, meaning that they are clearly the players Lampard will favour no? There is a reason as to why he has bought them. They would more likely suit his style of play. 

Having said that, he does offer something different to what the aforementioned players do, such as Marriott and Wags seem to be hard working pressing players whereas Martin is clearly an intelligent striker that brings more players in to play. Therefore could he be brought on against teams that are harder to break down?

I think if we do get rid of Nuge and Jerome there would be no harm in giving him some time, or even test Martin in the cup games. It would be good to see him pull the shirt on again. 

I'm also glad that he and Thorne are getting time in the U23's matches, getting sharper and fitter reading what Short has said at least anyway.

Moving this in here to get away from the cluster of the transfer rumours page...but one thing I think it interesting is that Martin has played two lots of 90 minutes now. Can understand giving players 60-70 minutes for scouts etc but why full games unless you have plans for him? Could be barking up the wrong tree but just thought it was interesting. 

59 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I would have expected even the most ardent fan boys of CM and GT to have understood that.

I would love to see GT become the player he was, CM I have previously expressed my opinions on, CB is a difficult one, I am really not sure how I feel about him currently, he seems not at his best at present but I am willing to give him the opportunity to revel under FL.

Clear enough for you!

“A fine one to talk”. Why are you talking like you’re in the middle of a family argument?

This is a place for debate and discussion - not ridicule. If this is how you conduct yourself in a thread about a player then perhaps you don’t have the right temperament to be on here - but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you’re unaware of how needlessly antangonistic you’re being.

A poster on here shared a video of a player at their best and said they believed they could still do it. You did not mention any of the points above - instead, you laughed and suggested that the person was ignoring what you consider objective truth (which it isn’t, it’s your opinion) and thus called them deluded.

As for “outrageous claims” - the poster didn’t claim Martin has 6 fingers or can score from the half way line with his eyes closed. That’s a bit extreme.

Just tone it down. You’re getting close to personal insults here. It’s not necessary. Discuss, debate - but don’t ridicule. 

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

As you say, we have brought in Marriott and Waghorn so Lampard wants players who are hard working pressing players in his ideal team.

Lampard clearly likes Nugent for the very same reasons.

The club have taken the number 9 shirt off Martin.

Martin doesn’t seem close to the first team, being played in the U23s and we have been advised by Craig Short that we are showcasing him for a loan.

Personally, and l don’t really give a toss either way, l would be amazed if Martin wears a first team shirt again.

10 hours ago, Aries Sun said:

The guy has a pace of a snail and doesn't do any defensive work, no tracking of his opponents whatsoever,

I'm not sure you appreciate what a strong hold-up striker gives you defensively - He's a number 9 - Do you expect him to track back?

We saw in the first McClaren era what Martin adds defensively - An extra couple of seconds of hold up play - If all you have chance to do is clear the ball a hold-up player winning a header or holding the ball even for 4-5 seconds gives a little extra time for the defence to re-organise themselves - We saw when Martin was injured and we had Bent the problems it created - Bent carried on banging in goals (ie, our attack wasn't compromised) but suddenly without Martin's hold-up play as an outlet we started shipping goals left right and centre - Because our defence wasn't getting a break to re-organise

2 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I've expressed my views on this in other threads - I think it might be time for them to move on for the sake of their own careers - Sometimes you need a fresh start - Even though I am a GT and CM fanboy - On form they are two of the very best players we have in the squad - On form Thorne is possibly one of the best CM in the league

However - I've also stated that the upheaval from injuries and loans and managerial changes etc etc has affected almost every player - But these two more than others - All players should be given a clean slate in a new regime - You complain about the fanboys harking back to previous years - Yet you main argument is based on... Previous years...

Just now, cheron85 said:

I'm not sure you appreciate what a strong hold-up striker gives you defensively - He's a number 9 - Do you expect him to track back?

We saw in the first McClaren era what Martin adds defensively - An extra couple of seconds of hold up play - If all you have chance to do is clear the ball a hold-up player winning a header or holding the ball even for 4-5 seconds gives a little extra time for the defence to re-organise themselves - We saw when Martin was injured and we had Bent the problems it created - Bent carried on banging in goals (ie, our attack wasn't compromised) but suddenly without Martin's hold-up play as an outlet we started shipping goals left right and centre - Because our defence wasn't getting a break to re-organise

I've expressed my views on this in other threads - I think it might be time for them to move on for the sake of their own careers - Sometimes you need a fresh start - Even though I am a GT and CM fanboy - On form they are two of the very best players we have in the squad - On form Thorne is possibly one of the best CM in the league

However - I've also stated that the upheaval from injuries and loans and managerial changes etc etc has affected almost every player - But these two more than others - All players should be given a clean slate in a new regime - You complain about the fanboys harking back to previous years - Yet you main argument is based on... Previous years...

Yeah, of course I am expecting him to do some tracking back as the most modern attackers are doing it nowadays.

His hold up play is a bit of over-exaggerated part of his game.

A modern forward needs to have a different set of footballing skills but most of all, every football team in the world loves to have pacey players in their squad.

It's true he was truly missed during the second part of the 2014-15 season, but since then a lot water has passed under the bridge.

The football is evolving and moving forward and the people still living in the past (seasons 2013-14, 2014-15 so called Chris Martin's glory days), well, they still live in the past.

Let them be.

George Thorne is a different type of case, it's more of psychological barrier in his head which he carries and he's battling with, I'd say.

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Moving this in here to get away from the cluster of the transfer rumours page...but one thing I think it interesting is that Martin has played two lots of 90 minutes now. Can understand giving players 60-70 minutes for scouts etc but why full games unless you have plans for him? Could be barking up the wrong tree but just thought it was interesting. 

They way our strikers are looking early doors I don't think he could do any worse! 

Archived