v Oldham (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, admira said:

How did Wilson play?

Slightly better. Got into a really good area late on but should have buried it; instead hitting it wide. Still think he can come good as he looks dangerous around the box.

3 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Anyone who was there, how did Jozefoon, Marriott, Malone and Evans get on? 

Jozefzoon - Probably our most dangerous attacker after Mount. Got into good areas out wide and put balls in, though perhaps lacked accuracy in his final product. I’d expect him to start on Saturday.

Marriot - Very quiet. Apparently he came close in the first half but I was having a poo. Poaching is his style however, so not too concerned.

Malone - Along with Mount, the standout player. Defended well and got forward into dangerous areas, with his crosses causing problems.

Evans - Fairly quiet but looked composed and was clearly above League 2 level. Would expect him to start and do well on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Big question now is does Frank keep the same side to face Milwall? I know I would most certainly do. Never change a winning team and all that 

I feel confident in saying Frank will bring Lawrence, Wisdom and Waghorn back into to the first 11 at least. I'm hoping Malone keeps his spot and Evans too

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Slightly better. Got into a really good area late on but should have buried it; instead hitting it wide. Still think he can come good as he looks dangerous around the box.

Jozefzoon - Probably our most dangerous attacker after Mount. Got into good areas out wide and put balls in, though perhaps lacked accuracy in his final product. I’d expect him to start on Saturday.

Marriot - Very quiet. Apparently he came close in the first half but I was having a poo. Poaching is his style however, so not too concerned.

Malone - Along with Mount, the standout player. Defended well and got forward into dangerous areas, with his crosses causing problems.

Evans - Fairly quiet but looked composed and was clearly above League 2 level. Would expect him to start and do well on Saturday.

Couldn't that turtles head wait til half-time?

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I feel confident in saying Frank will bring Lawrence, Wisdom and Waghorn back into to the first 11 at least. I'm hoping Malone keeps his spot and Evans too

Yeah you cannot really drop Lawerence after his start this season, yes two cracking goals was class against Reading. I’d start Waghorn like you said but slowly ease Marriott into competitive league game time but Evans sounded solid which I am very glad about 

Be interesting to see if he sticks with the 4-2-3-1 now after tonight. Seemed much better balance. Mount is definitely a midfield 10 as opposed to a box to box midfielder. Clearly our best player so need a system where he can be most effective. 

Would expect Malone to keep his place, along with Evans and Johnson. Waghorn to come in for Marriott, Lawrence for Jozefzoon and reckon he’ll give Wilson another go.

34 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Would slightly disagree with your assessment of Marriott. Thought he worked his socks off and played on the shoulder most of the night. A little bit more quality on the through balls and he'd have had at least 5 more chances. He also opened up space through making his runs for Mount arriving into the box a few times.

The others I agree and think Evans and Malone will add much needed footballing quality to the side from now on.

I'd even suggest starting Bogle over Wisdom but even he struggled second half once Wilson swapped to his wing. Wilson wants to be a centre mid I think, when sometimes we need the outlet wide for our fullbacks

2 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Would slightly disagree with your assessment of Marriott.

Totally agree... I thought he was excellent (granted not up against a “typical defence”), but thought his passing out wide was great.

We lost every single header today against a poor Oldham side. On the plus side mason Bennett was awesome when he came on as was mason mount who ran the game. Jozefoon is a last 15 minute sub but not a starter imo. Carson was great again with some brilliant saves.   That's how is saw it but others who were there might disagree

Just now, Ratpackram said:

We lost every single header today against a poor Oldham side. On the plus side mason Bennett was awesome when he came on as was mason mount who ran the game. Jozefoon is a last 15 minute sub but not a starter imo. Carson was great again with some brilliant saves.   That's how is saw it but others who were there might disagree

Gotta be honest I don't think Bennett was 'awesome' in the slightest. Not bad by all means but didn't change the game or anything.

Archived