Jamie Hanson - Joined Oxford United

EnigmaRam

5 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

He's not a football though is he. silly thing to say. The fact is he isn't good enough for us. It's hard to take because he's from our academy but league 1/2 is more his level

That type of criticism irks me though, he's a young lad that has never had any consistent run of games in any set position, yet has always given his all wherever he was deployed across the field. Give him a full season in one position (at any level) and then that would be a fair foundation upon which to assess him but to claim 'awful player' so early in his career just comes across as crass

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Would be a good move for him, I still think he has the quality, just needs to find a position and grow into it. 

I don’t get the urgent need to move him on by some fans, he is surely a cheap back up with potential. Maybe Clough can help him  break through. 

Problem is, similar to Bennett , he’s had to start at the bottom of the pile with every new regime we have had in and while some have seen him as a prospect no one has really put the time in to help develop him.

Also he’s no where near as bad as some like to make out. Certainly got enough about him to be decent at this level, just needs the game time with less pressure to develop. Problem is, from a fan perspective, when he’s not seen for a while then his good traits get forgotten about.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

''No ball control''... I'd genuinely like to see you hit a finer strike than this

1 clip from 2013, wow you sure proved me wrong. No. He's had little to no good performances from Derby, his first touch is woeful, he can't pass, and he rarely puts in good tackles.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Problem is, similar to Bennett , he’s had to start at the bottom of the pile with every new regime we have had in and while some have seen him as a prospect no one has really put the time in to help develop him.

Also he’s no where near as bad as some like to make out. Certainly got enough about him to be decent at this level, just needs the game time with less pressure to develop. Problem is, from a fan perspective, when he’s not seen for a while then his good traits get forgotten about.

I think if we are serious about mounting a promotion challenge and developing a squad good enough to achieve that I think Hanson is just a little below the standard required at this time. Maybe another season out on loan would suit all parties?? Always gave 100% when he did get an opportunity.

Would rather sell him to be honest than loan him out, but if this is the way it reduce the squad size then so be it. Don’t think he’s ever going to make it myself, just doesn’t seem a Natural footballer to me. Has reasonable ability defensively in the tackle, but he was torn apart by Mansfield, and his passing is frankly atrocious at times. I’ll get stick for saying it, but I don’t even think he’s league one level. If his name was Jacob butterfield and he put in some of the performances we’ve seen from him he’d be slaughtered 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

No sign of him in todays training photo's

Looking at the photos loads missing:

Mitchell 

Butterfield

Thorne 

Nugent

Martin

Blackman 

Elsnik 

Hansen 

Huddlestone

Think that's all of them? 

Edit: can't see Mount on any of them, if anyone else can spot him? 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Would rather sell him to be honest than loan him out, but if this is the way it reduce the squad size then so be it. Don’t think he’s ever going to make it myself, just doesn’t seem a Natural footballer to me. Has reasonable ability defensively in the tackle, but he was torn apart by Mansfield, and his passing is frankly atrocious at times. I’ll get stick for saying it, but I don’t even think he’s league one level. If his name was Jacob butterfield and he put in some of the performances we’ve seen from him he’d be slaughtered 

Absolutely spot on. He gets given so much leeway because he's from the academy. He's honestly miles worse than Butterfield, who gets a huge amount of stick. 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Mitchell 

Butterfield

Thorne 

Nugent

Martin

Blackman 

Nugent 

Elsnik 

Hansen 

Huddlestone

Nugent's so quick he got himself on your list twice.

Cheeky blighter.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

He's not a football though is he. silly thing to say. The fact is he isn't good enough for us. It's hard to take because he's from our academy but league 1/2 is more his level

I’ve only seen him play live maybe half a dozen times and most of those were as sub-  but he has got a first touch ( The most critical thing that can’t honestly be taught ) he’s tough and he can pass and shoot. He might not fit the team now, he might not make it at Derby for numerous reasons but he has never had a decent run so to write him off like that just doesn’t seem fair. As a very young lad he came in at DM when Thorne, Mascarell, Eustace were all crocked .. he didn’t look at all out of place or out of his depth in championship football. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Absolutely spot on. He gets given so much leeway because he's from the academy. He's honestly miles worse than Butterfield, who gets a huge amount of stick. 

He's also 6 years younger than Butterfield and the academy comments will be as a  direct result of his age. Honestly, if he stays now you've effectively just criticised a massively inexperienced player based on little to no game time, whose misgivings were probably as a direct result of... you guessed it, not having much experience. 

If he goes I wish him all the best, if he stays I honestly hope to see him come good and put in some impressionable performances for us. Ultimately, I'm glad the decision doesn't rest with you because unless someone smashed it on their debut, they'd be out the door, going by your logic...

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

He's also 6 years younger than Butterfield and the academy comments will be as a  direct result of his age. Honestly, if he stays now you've effectively just criticised a massively inexperienced player based on little to no game time, whose misgivings were probably as a direct result of... you guessed it, not having much experience. 

If he goes I wish him all the best, if he stays I honestly hope to see him come good and put in some impressionable performances for us. Ultimately, I'm glad the decision doesn't rest with you because unless someone smashed it on their debut, they'd be out the door, going by your logic...

Bennett is the same age and starting to push on. He's had pretty much the same opportunities as Hanson, he just looks a vastly better player. I've criticised an inexperienced player because he's crap. He might not be experienced, but he isn't bad because he makes naieve decisions, he's bad because he's a poor footballer.

22 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Mitchell 

Butterfield

Thorne 

Nugent

Martin

Blackman 

Elsnik 

Hansen 

Huddlestone

Edit: can't see Mount on any of them, if anyone else can spot him? 

Don't see Mason Mount either but don't suppose he's off. 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Bennett is the same age and starting to push on. He's had pretty much the same opportunities as Hanson, he just looks a vastly better player. I've criticised an inexperienced player because he's crap. He might not be experienced, but he isn't bad because he makes naieve decisions, he's bad because he's a poor footballer.

Bennett's had more than than twice as many games over a greater number of seasons and therefore systems, a cursory glance at the stats would have shown you this, though I guess your opinions aren't based too much in the facts...

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

That type of criticism irks me though, he's a young lad that has never had any consistent run of games in any set position, yet has always given his all wherever he was deployed across the field. Give him a full season in one position (at any level) and then that would be a fair foundation upon which to assess him but to claim 'awful player' so early in his career just comes across as crass

Spot on, same things were being said about Mason Bennett. He was a big reason we got the win at Reading, and not just the cross for the goal. Young players get a few minutes here and there, loaned all over the place for a few games here and there and get written off.

Archived