Jamie Hanson - Joined Oxford United

EnigmaRam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Good signing for Oxford and, for him, I'd much rather he go there than to Burton. They seem to do well at realising potential.

That being said, I think it was time for him to move on

14 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

I remember Hanson on his starting debut (I think?) single-handedly earning us a point against Norwich... can't remember Bennett scoring a match-winner for us? Now that's not criticism of Bennett as I also hope he turns out to be a world-beater, just a point to say writing players off early is a dangerous tactic... look at Paul Pogba and how he was discarded by Man Utd, only to then become their record signing only a few seasons later!

U mean he scored direct from a corner in what was otherwise the usual standard derby disapointing performace in east anglia.

im all for giving the lad a chance but as its been aluded to already his time at derby has been mixed partly due to the number of managers weve had that have tried him in different postions but also down to him not showing enough to warrant a reguslr starting birth.

how many managers have thought hes handy to have around, but not enough to start.

i think at derby or any other championship club he’ll just get messed about positionally, he need to go learn his trade in a designated position and see where that takes him

Looks like he has found his level, not sure where his best position is however whenever I have seen him play (admittedly not many times) he seemed out of his depth. I remember the Norwich games as well, how we got a draw that day is beyond me, he made some tackles which was more than most, but still didn’t impress me.

Good luck to him though and maybe this is what he needs to kickstart his career.

Good luck to him... he'll certainly have a career as a professional footballer through sheer guts, hard work and determination.

Hopefully he finds his best position at Oxford (still reckon that'll be as a holding MF in a 3 and a ball winner in a 2) and makes his mark (probably in more ways than one knowing Jamie).

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oxford reckon this will be announced shortly and on their foum they think they're getting two from us. I wonder if we've agreed to an additional loan, maybe one from the youth team, to help get this over the line?

They've just signed a centre defensive mid so I wouldn't be so sure on Hanson .... although they did just sell one to Brentford and I think they were in need of a centre mid before he left

Archived