Jamie Hanson - Joined Oxford United

EnigmaRam

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16409513.deadline-day-jamie-hanson-joins-oxford-united-from-derby-county/  

It mentions we got a six figure fee for him, cant believe they'd pay that much for him.

Would expect the fee to be in that region tbf, signed a new contract, still quite young and has tbf played a fair few games for us 

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16409513.deadline-day-jamie-hanson-joins-oxford-united-from-derby-county/  

It mentions we got a six figure fee for him, cant believe they'd pay that much for him.

You think he's worth less than £100,000 ? 

He's not THAT bad. He'd get games if we were a mid-table team. Should do well in league one.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Would expect the fee to be in that region tbf, signed a new contract, still quite young and has tbf played a fair few games for us 

It surprised me because I'm used to League 1 clubs only signing players for a few 100k but I suppose the inflated market has pushed all the prices up from top to bottom,  at least he will help pay for about half of the Duane Holmes fee. If we 're selling Hanson for amill surely they'd be some takers for Blackman and Butterfield at around 500k each, personally Id sell them for a pack of starbursts and a can of  fanta.

Just now, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

? I thought they'd paid a mill for him lol

?OK that makes more sense.

Oxford journo thought it was very unlikely they'd pay anything close to 1mil.

It's most likely in the 200k-400k range.

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

It surprised me because I'm used to League 1 clubs only signing players for a few 100k but I suppose the inflated market has pushed all the prices up from top to bottom,  at least he will help pay for about half of the Duane Holmes fee. If we 're selling Hanson for amill surely they'd be some takers for Blackman and Butterfield at around 500k each, personally Id sell them for a pack of starbursts and a can of  fanta.

Hope you just mean a tube and not a family pack. We' ve no chance otherwise

Best of luck to him. Definitely time for him to go out and shine on his own. Oxford have a good record of developing youngsters (Roofe, O'Dowda etc) so I think it will suit both parties.  I imagine he and they will be in the championship in a few years. 

I am not a big fan of him in terms of talent but I respect his desire to go out and prove himself. Speaks a lot about him that he wanted to go out and play regular football when players like Blackman, Anya, Butterfield and Martin etc would probably view moving down to League One as insulting. (Yes I am aware that their wages means that no League One club could afford them) 

On 08/08/2018 at 14:55, Rample said:

Not sure Burton is a great environment for anyone.  Nigel constantly berating his players in public - MYTH

, writing the team off - MADE UP

, pulling stunts like not putting a full bench out to prove points, - NOT TRUE sold Matty Lund the day before the season and didn't have anyone fit, he'd have got destroyed if he'd have put Chris Beardsley the fitness coach on the bench.

and a growing feeling they're in freefall.  - growing feeling from who? The Dan's who booed Buxton's name in the warm up ? Or that g Dan's who chanted we are going down 20 minutes into the season? Bright set of lads eh?

Lose a key player or 2 in the coming days and they're in trouble. - DIDN"T lose anyone.

That said Hanson is no use here, 4th choice right back, 7th choice centre half, 4th or 5th choice holding midfiekder... Might prove me wrong, but I feel League One might be his level, loan him out there, to somewhere he'll play, and see if he can show anything more over the course of a full season.  If not Burton are welcome to him.

I've added my opinion alongside your Mann points.

I get slated for defending him but the other side of the coin, there is a decent sized group of people keeping hold of such an agenda it's actually quite scary.

Let it go pal and lets chat again in 15 games or so shall we?

Archived