FFP scales?

RoyMac5

1 minute ago, gfs1ram said:

There is absolutely no point in people worrying about FFP at this point in time.

31st May is the Company year end and only at that date/time will the figures show a profit or loss that may involve FFP.

My understanding is we could spend as much as we want now, say £100m, if necessary, as long as we recouped enough

in the January window so as not to breach FFP come 31st May. 

I seem to remember that accounts up to May need to be lodged by December for checking - do last season is the yardstick for action up to the end of the summer window.

You see it’s all historic accounting - you get a free season of reckless spending.

stop worrying and go with it

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd forgotten the 'irresponsible thread' - this whole lot could be moved there. I was actually thinking positively with the sale of Vydra, that for once (in recent transfer dealings) we seem to be balancing our books quite well.

Transfers have been balanced for 2 years now - £40m+ incomings from Hendrick, Ince, Hughes & Vydra alone.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd forgotten the 'irresponsible thread' - this whole lot could be moved there. I was actually thinking positively with the sale of Vydra, that for once (in recent transfer dealings) we seem to be balancing our books quite well.

Since Mel has took charge, I can think of the following players who I think have made a positive contribution to the balance sheet in terms of fee received vs fee paid, if any, even if only minimal. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Obviously I'm leaving wages aside and just looking at it from an player value Vs FFP angle.

Buxton, Warnock, Weimann, Ince, Hughes, Hendrick, Grant, Christie, Vydra, Shotton, Albentosa, and Dawkins.

Against them we have players we've paid a fee for and subsequently released.

Shackell.

Then there's players still at the club who we've paid for and look likely to take a hit FFP wise.

Anya, Blackman, Butterfield, and Johnson.

Three of which were Clement signings, and one Pearson, though Anya should be cancelled out by Vydra's sale.

Basically we had a mad 6 months under Clement, we've taken steps since to repair the damage, even though that's meant selling players we'd like to keep to pay for ones we don't, and things should be on an even keel now.

Lampards spend seems pretty restrained in comparison, comparatively low cost arrivals with less risk, Waghorn would seem a little bit against the grain so far, but he's probably earned the right to take a risk with his business so far.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have we really got 10 players out of contract this summer? Can anyone name all of them? Just seen someone suggest this on twitter and it would sort of explain the mad amount of ins this summer 

Ignore me, just that it appears to be: Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Olsson, Nugent Huddlestone, Pearce, Ledley, Jerome and Max Hunt. (11)

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-contracts-expire-when-414294

Must admit I had ffp concerns coming into the season, but it’s august now, long past the deadline and nothings happened. Clearly we have to be careful before next June to not spend too much, but I still think we can make a transfer loss (which we haven’t yet) and still pass, more important than that is reducing the wage bill. And, despite our squad size, I still think this is achievable. All the players we’ve brought in thus far (barring maybe marriott) don’t seem the sort to be on huge wages. Add into the fact we’ve released quite a few big wages and will undoubtedly move some bug earners on yet and I think we’re in a fine position as it stands.

Do we have anyone clued up on the sponsorship side of Derby's business? Just wondering whether with our far higher profile (with Frank now at the helm), whether the financial benefits may have accounted for the loosening of the purse strings? Also, is there any deal afoot as regards the naming of PP? WIth Sky likely to pay us rather more attention this season (of the right kind too), perhaps something lucrative might materialise on that front as well.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Harking back to the thread, we're obviously in a good place where transfers are concerned but I'd guess we would still be keen to reduce our OPEX, the vast majority of which would be made up of player salaries. I'd expect us to be busy looking for loan opps for quite a few of the senior players not looking to be part of Frank's plans. Anya, Butterfield, Pearce, Hanson, Martin and Thorne look 'prime suspects right now although with Mel seemingly quite happy at the moment, I'm not fussed about that side of things at all. 

9 hours ago, davenportram said:

I seem to remember that accounts up to May need to be lodged by December for checking - do last season is the yardstick for action up to the end of the summer window.

You see it’s all historic accounting - you get a free season of reckless spending.

stop worrying and go with it

Not so sure.  I think they are talking to clubs which appear to be close to a breach and ask them there plans.  Partly to ensure they start to hurt clubs that blindly ignore the risks in the hope of promotion and then they can't be touched.  if the plans are obviously not workable or worse still proven to be a lie than I think action will be taken before the AFS is finalised.    

12 hours ago, eddie said:

I don't see why there is such enthusiasm or dejection one way or another. I reckon there must be people on here keeping themselves awake worrying, or even crying themselves to sleep. It's only money - and it's not ours. There are people at the club whose job it is to look after such mundane details, but like with anything else, the amateurs like to think that they know more than the professionals.

OK, sometimes they probably do.

Clearly some 'amateurs' deciding things at a few other clubs, Eddie. FFP has not stopped some clubs getting in a mess. 

The club are very close to meeting the agreement they have with the league regarding ffp. Expect one more net departure bringing in £2m ish then the job is done. Then a massive loan push out for the dead meat wages.

The club have done an amazing job behind all the hype Steve Pearce is a genius. The balancing act to get Vydra out and Waghorn in was stunning. Just a shame a few really good people who have worked so hard for the club in a commercial sense have lost their jobs due to the non playing cutbacks.

9 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

The club are very close to meeting the agreement they have with the league regarding ffp. Expect one more net departure bringing in £2m ish then the job is done. Then a massive loan push out for the dead meat wages.

The club have done an amazing job behind all the hype Steve Pearce is a genius. The balancing act to get Vydra out and Waghorn in was stunning. Just a shame a few really good people who have worked so hard for the club in a commercial sense have lost their jobs due to the non playing cutbacks.

Have I missed this ?  What agreement - I thought you were inside or outside FFP.  Is there a grey area?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Have I missed this ?  What agreement - I thought you were inside or outside FFP.  Is there a grey area?

Do you really think everything is public domain? It is a private limited company and all dealings with regulatory bodies do not make it in the press. Several clubs had informal discussions with the EFL to plan to avoid ffp issues. Derby were one of them and have done outstandingly well to keep to the informal agreement. 

30 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Do you really think everything is public domain? It is a private limited company and all dealings with regulatory bodies do not make it in the press. Several clubs had informal discussions with the EFL to plan to avoid ffp issues. Derby were one of them and have done outstandingly well to keep to the informal agreement. 

How do you know all this if it's not in the public domain? 

2 hours ago, Ramleicester said:

Thanks for letting us know, I had no idea we had so little room for manoeuvre going into this window.

I just hope Arsenal's recruitment staff aren't reading, and knock a million of the agreed fee for Jamie Hanson.

For Arsenal read anyone, and ditto Hanson.

Archived