All Midweek Championship Games LIVE on Sky

Ambitious

17 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

My understanding is that RamsTV will be showing any midweek game that isn't an official Sky pick.

So, if it's on the red button, you'll be able to watch it on RamsTV.

I have no idea what Sky are planning in terms of production around each game, but with RamsTV you'll get a proper programme: pre-match build-up, interviews, highlights, commentary etc etc. I'd be staggered if they are able to offer anything like that.

What do you reckon to the bloke that presents RamsTV

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

He's alright. Thought he was better on the radio, actually. 

Oh God, the radio days when you didn't have a set attire and wore those jumpers 

tenor.gif?itemid=7731496

Like Lineker did with Leicester, if Derby go up how about you do the first RamsTV coverage of the season in just your pants and one of those jumpers? ?

21 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Is this a Sky driven initiative or have they been backed into a corner by the clubs to do this? Would be interesting to know if anybody has any info on this.

Without knowing anything, I'd say the opposite. 

Streaming rights were completely overlooked before Mel took charge of Derby.

It wasn't even an option home or abroad before Mel raised it at a league level.

It didn't happen full stop, and it was only when he kicked up a fuss about the deal the EFL had with Sky that it happened last season.

I think the figures were, give or take, around a 100k per EFL match shown on Sky, as against £11m per PL game shown. 

I think Mel spotted an opportunity to drive a coach and horses through the existing deal by streaming matches on a PPV basis, which wasn't covered under  the existing broadcast deal.

I think this is Sky's response, rather than being forced into a deal by the clubs, and lose subscribers to individual clubs, they've agreed to pay an extra sum to carry each club's individual feed on the red button for those midweek matches, in the hope of deterring migration from their platform to the individual club offering.

Just a theory by the way, nothing concrete to back it up 

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Without knowing anything, I'd say the opposite. 

Streaming rights were completely overlooked before Mel took charge of Derby.

It wasn't even an option home or abroad before Mel raised it at a league level.

It didn't happen full stop, and it was only when he kicked up a fuss about the deal the EFL had with Sky that it happened last season.

I think the figures were, give or take, around a 100k per EFL match shown on Sky, as against £11m per PL game shown. 

I think Mel spotted an opportunity to drive a coach and horses through the existing deal by streaming matches on a PPV basis, which wasn't covered under  the existing broadcast deal.

I think this is Sky's response, rather than being forced into a deal by the clubs, and lose subscribers to individual clubs, they've agreed to pay an extra sum to carry each club's individual feed on the red button for those midweek matches, in the hope of deterring migration from their platform to the individual club offering.

Just a theory by the way, nothing concrete to back it up 

Cheers, sounds a very plausible explanation. Good on Mel if he's ruffled a few feathers over at Sky. They've dominated for far too long. Yes you can argue that they've pumped a vast amount of money into the game but in lots of ways it's had a detrimental effect. 

12 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I’m confused by these fixtures. How come some of the league is playing midweek and others aren’t?

Test match at Trent Bridge 18th Aug so think the trees were at home on the Tuesday.Don't know about Boro

37 minutes ago, David said:

Didn't a Forest game once get moved as a School Fête was on or something? Sign of a big club that. 

They were using the same pitch, and ran out of jumpers.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

I’m confused by these fixtures. How come some of the league is playing midweek and others aren’t?

Forest is changed due to a cricket match at Trent Bridge.

The other game is to do with the week when we play Ipswich on the Tuesday night. One of the teams are playing the following Friday Night on Sky, which apparently wasn't a big enough gap to rest on between fixtures.

So it was brought forward with a similar gap to not rest in. 

On 01/08/2018 at 21:04, Steve How Hard? said:

Cheers, sounds a very plausible explanation. Good on Mel if he's ruffled a few feathers over at Sky. They've dominated for far too long. Yes you can argue that they've pumped a vast amount of money into the game but in lots of ways it's had a detrimental effect. 

I think sky produce a great service, commentary and pre match build is always good and they always have a decent pundits even for EFL games. Now they are able to offer every game, that just enhances the product for the consumers. Nothing beats going to the games though. 

On 01/08/2018 at 11:15, DCFC1388 said:

Any idea's if this is available through the Sky app on the ps4?

Can't seem to find any information about it anywhere?

Have you had to start paying for that? Mine was free for years but my old app deleted itself and a new one wants to charge me a fiver a month 

Archived