All Midweek Championship Games LIVE on Sky

Ambitious

There are eight rounds of midweek Sky Bet Championship matches this season and Sky Sports Football will broadcast matches live on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

And as part of a brand new service, Sky Sports viewers will be able to press the red button and watch live coverage of ANY of the matches being played.

That means you'll be able to watch YOUR team live when they play in midweek, no matter which Sky Bet Championship club you support.

Subscribers will also be able to access the live matches via the Sky Sports app - and Soccer Special will also show the best moments from all of the games live on Sky Sports News.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-follow-championship-league-one-and-league-two-in-201819

I guess that means:
Derby v Ipswich
Derby v Blackburn
Derby v Norwich
WBA v Derby 
Stoke v Derby
Sheff Utd v Derby
Derby v Middlesbrough
Ipswich v Derby
Derby v Stoke
Blackburn v Derby

Will all be viewable from Sky.

Obviously, the majority of people will be at the home games already, but it's worth mentioning. I wonder how this works with RamsTV? Do they lose the ability to air these, despite the fact these aren't technically featured? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I guess that means:
Derby v Ipswich
Derby v Blackburn
Derby v Norwich
WBA v Derby 
Stoke v Derby
Sheff Utd v Derby
Derby v Middlesbrough
Ipswich v Derby
Derby v Stoke
Blackburn v Derby

Obviously, the majority of people will be at the home games already, but it's worth mentioning. I wonder how this works with RamsTV? Do they lose the ability to air these, despite the fact these aren't technically featured? 

I would imagine so.

Good job I often travel abroad during  the week ?

That’s pretty handy, I have a season ticket again this year but midweek games are a complete no go. 

(Although the missus is looking at changing shifts at work, I need to boo Rowett in person)

Sounds like you just need to be subscribed to Sky Sports which I am, so won’t miss a game. 

33 minutes ago, David said:

That’s pretty handy, I have a season ticket again this year but midweek games are a complete no go. 

(Although the missus is looking at changing shifts at work, I need to boo Rowett in person)

Sounds like you just need to be subscribed to Sky Sports which I am, so won’t miss a game. 

if this is the case then it is not good news for the true expats.  Maybe sky are taking the feed from

Ramstv?

4 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

I am hoping this isn't true is it?

I understood tghis doesn't apply to overseas supporters

who have purchased the full viewing package!

Can someone please clarify.

no clear message, but I don't think there is a full package this year and it is a game by game payment.  Either there is still some uncertainty or they can't be bothered to keep us informed. 

It says there are 8 rounds of midweek Championship matches, and yet @Ambitious you list 10...I’m not sure every midweek game will be available, rather a selection of the games over the season. There may be other midweek games too as matches are moved due to Cup involvement.

These countries are exempt from all of the UK SKY televised games restrictions on Rams TV: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-availability-for-tv-games?nocache=1

In the list of games affected by TV on the DCFC website, no 'normal' midweek games league games are listed as affected. The only one is the WBA game, that has been previously listed as a SKY main game. Hope that helps.

I wonder if midweek games on SKY will be free but a fiver on the DCFC site?

2 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I don't have Sky. I stream Sky Sports using Now TV. Any ideas about whether I'll be able to watch these games?

Unlikely without the red button. I think you will be able to via the DCFC site, will have to pay a fiver though.

32 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I don't have Sky. I stream Sky Sports using Now TV. Any ideas about whether I'll be able to watch these games?

im in the same boat as you - normally when theres something on the sky sports website that you need to sign in for, you can sign in with your nowtv account and it works so i guess you can do it that way.

"You might see onscreen messages about using the Red Button or interactive services when watching the Sky Sports channels on your Sky Sports Pass. Unfortunately, these services aren’t available on any of the Sky Sports channels with NOW TV. You can only use the Red Button on live BBC channels with a NOW TV Smart Box."

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass

40 minutes ago, David said:

"You might see onscreen messages about using the Red Button or interactive services when watching the Sky Sports channels on your Sky Sports Pass. Unfortunately, these services aren’t available on any of the Sky Sports channels with NOW TV. You can only use the Red Button on live BBC channels with a NOW TV Smart Box."

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass

Doh!

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I guess that means:
Derby v Ipswich
Derby v Blackburn
Derby v Norwich
WBA v Derby 
Stoke v Derby
Sheff Utd v Derby
Derby v Middlesbrough
Ipswich v Derby
Derby v Stoke
Blackburn v Derby

My understanding is that RamsTV will be showing any midweek game that isn't an official Sky pick.

So, if it's on the red button, you'll be able to watch it on RamsTV.

I have no idea what Sky are planning in terms of production around each game, but with RamsTV you'll get a proper programme: pre-match build-up, interviews, highlights, commentary etc etc. I'd be staggered if they are able to offer anything like that.

5 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

My understanding is that RamsTV will be showing any midweek game that isn't an official Sky pick.

So, if it's on the red button, you'll be able to watch it on RamsTV.

I have no idea what Sky are planning in terms of production around each game, but with RamsTV you'll get a proper programme: pre-match build-up, interviews, highlights, commentary etc etc. I'd be staggered if they are able to offer anything like that.

Always on the sell, I like it... Good man! 

Archived