v Reading (A) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beagle said:

Was worried this may happen with all the hype around the game.It had made us nervous and Reading have raised their game because of it.

It is likea third round cup game with the lesser team rising to the occasion.Having said that this early in the season tiredness may set in and more space cool be available to us.

Reading have raised duck all tbf - that's just the level of our nerves and errors. 

A team who'd raised their game would be winning this 2-0 at least with the chances we've given them.

The difference between pre season and this is the pace and movement off the ball hasn't been there tonight. Without the creation of 2 on 1 situations whilst passing through the lines through good movement, this style of football is the creation. Centre halfs to goalkeeper passing. The centre halfs are trying too hard to force the issue, and ledley has to be there in support more often. Not overly concerning, just rather sloppy. If it doesn't change early in the second half, I'd expect changes quickly.

Massive build up of frank pre match. Massive slagging off of the team during the match. 

Build them up buttercup. To bring them down. 

The two key areas that we are missing: We are missing a Will Hughes type player in midfield, we’ve got no-one in midfield who can keep the ball and take the sting out of the game.

We are also missing a Johnny Russell or Jamie Ward type player who can stay wide and run in behind. 

19 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Crap distribution as usual to slow ,hi press game demands goalies quick release instead of running around holding the ball looking exasperated

Not sure I agree with your definition of hi press game. I've always thought it's about trying to play the game in the oppositions half and closing them down rather than letting them come on to you. Not sure it has a dependency on the keeper releasing the ball quickly. Besides, if there's no one to release it to (partly down to Readings closing down) then he can't release it early. But, what do I know.

Archived