This seasons surprise package? Player edition

RamLad1884

We've got a pretty good idea of who Lampard favours this season, the likes of Blackman and Thorne unfortunately look surplus. 

So on that basis, and considering the games through pre-season, which player/s are going to surprise us this year? 

I'm saying Thomas to have a breakthrough year, with Lawrence stepping it up to be the player we thought we bought. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lawrence was given a hard time last season, has his fair share of doubters, I think he will be the one to make a few fans say ok, I got that one wrong. 

Breakthrough year, bit of a punt this one with his injuries but Max Lowe, fancy this season to be the one he really nails that left back spot.

1 hour ago, David said:

Lawrence was given a hard time last season, has his fair share of doubters, I think he will be the one to make a few fans say ok, I got that one wrong. 

Breakthrough year, bit of a punt this one with his injuries but Max Lowe, fancy this season to be the one he really nails that left back spot.

Agree with all of that apart from the part where fans admit they called it wrong on TL.

Tom Lawrence,Lowe and Thomas.

Lawrence and Lowe are a bit obvious during pre-season. Thomas, Bennett and Bogle also done well but I'm not sure will get much opportunity at first team level this year.

Surprised Bryson is so high up the reckoning, Bird and Sibley are moving ahead of Elsnik and Guy, and MacDonald has emerged as a centre half. Shock prediction is Johnson having a good season.

In terms of the opposite - I'm surprised Thorne has dropped off the radar, and that Blackman doesn't look bothered.

I predict all the players stepping it up this year. Youth to have chances and prove previous managers wrong. Bennett, Lowe and Thomas with a few others being utilized in cup games. Getting promotion, buying Wilson on a permanent and keeping mount for a season loan in the prem.

happy days

Lawrence for me. I thought he was poor last season but I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt as this year he will be playing in a front foot team and last year he played a lot despite being injured. He also seems to have bulked up a bit and the likes of Mount and Wilson will help him

Bennett has improved a lot, in terms of his technical ability. Thomas is like a prime Jamie Ward. Lowe, though, is ridiculous. He’s so good on the ball and at picking his pass, he could... will be one of our best players this season. 

Archived