Are we "arrogant" ?

Carnero

www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/34044

judespiveyg added 11:52 - Jul 27

Shoestring budget? They can't be serious

TractorCam added 11:52 - Jul 27

“Ipswich are a notoriously tight club to do business with.” 

Good, let's keep it that way! There isn't a more arrogant fan base out there than these lot.

Steve_M added 11:57 - Jul 27

And this throwing money at promotion is different to all of the last few seasons exactly how? I look forward to February and it all going wrong again.

BobbyBell added 12:04 - Jul 27

They live in a very different world up there. They have no idea what a tight budget is. All the millions they spend every season and they still claim to be debt free.

BlueHarwich added 12:06 - Jul 27

"tight club to do business with", we're always robbed of talent by pathetic transfer fees, about time we stopped being so soft. And as for this bunch I look forward to our yearly 3 points away from home and for me rolling around in fits of laughter when they balls it up come April/May of next year like they do every season!!

Barhamblue added 12:20 - Jul 27

Derby to win the league, that has set my laughter up for the weekend. I would not be surprised if they are the next club in financial crisis. 

---

I had to chuckle at some of these comments. Isn't it funny how some fans see us!

I've seen many other clubs use the word "arrogant" when talking about our fans.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we are not. 

Like many clubs in this league with old names and a big history our fans have a yearning which sometimes manifests itself in a slightly petulant way but having an ambition that matches your stadium and fan base isn’t arrogance. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

No we are not. 

Like many clubs in this league with old names and a big history our fans have a yearning which sometimes manifests itself in a slightly petulant way but having an ambition that matches your stadium and fan base isn’t arrogance. 

Agreed.

That Paul Clement spending spree is going to be used against us forever, isn't it? Near enough broke even during the 16/17 season, made near 10 million profit last season and once Vydra is sold, even if Waghorn signs we'll be close to even or be in profit for this season. And still every bloody club's fans seem to throw around the 'buying the league' stuff

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

BlueHarwich added 12:06 - Jul 27

And as for this bunch I look forward to our yearly 3 points away from home and for me rolling around in fits of laughter when they balls it up come April/May of next year like they do every season!!

giphy.gif

And I look forward to our yearly 3 points away from home and for me rolling around in fits of laughter when they ........ well, what do Ipswich actually do? Do they ever actually have anything to play for come April/May time? 

28 minutes ago, Carnero said:

BobbyBell added 12:04 - Jul 27

They live in a very different world up there. They have no idea what a tight budget is. All the millions they spend every season and they still claim to be debt free.

Bell by name, bell by nature. Perhaps this small difference will answer his question;

Championship 2017/2018 » Attendance » Home matches

Derby County - 27,175 Rank - 5th

Ipswich Town - 16,271 Rank - 16th

I guess it'll be deemed arrogant to point why we can spend more than them too! ?

9 minutes ago, David said:

Well thats my sleep buggered tonight, no way I'll be getting any having read this. 

Don't have siestas then. That won't be helping.

Not that I'm jealous or anything because i'm sweating litres out of my arse crack doing a patio this afternoon.

Just now, Norman said:

Don't have siestas then. That won't be helping.

Not that I'm jealous or anything because i'm sweating litres out of my arse crack doing a patio this afternoon.

Don't have a siesta?

giphy.gif

I think we are guilty of coming across as arrogant even though the majority of us start the season just hoping bad weather causes the whole of February to be abandoned. 

Could do with changing our name to ‘derby actually made a profit over the last 3 seasons were no longer trying to buy promotion county’ 

Bless em, assuming we sell Vydra then we've more than broke even for the season. Rowett money, Ince/weimann/Vydra fees and the savings on wages should put us well in the green. Its pretty much been that way since the end of the clement period 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I think we are guilty of coming across as arrogant even though the majority of us start the season just hoping bad weather causes the whole of February to be abandoned. 

Could do with changing our name to ‘derby actually made a profit over the last 3 seasons were no longer trying to buy promotion county’ 

You mean Frank Lampard's Derby actually made a profit over the last 3 seasons were no longer trying to buy promotion County

Think how that clown @vidukasbox comes across on this forum? I've no doubt other fans see us that way. As an internet forum fan base (as opposed to the whole, real one) I think we probably do come across as arrogant and to use that horrible word, entitled. Even I cringe at some of the things I read on here.

But I don't suspect we're any worse or different than say Forest, Villa or Leeds.

Archived