Are we "arrogant" ?

Carnero

When reading forums it's easy not to 'get' the humour if you're passing by, even amongst fellow fans. Stumbled on the Derby County subreddit a while back, well, they didn't like this forum much nor myself, one or two defended us but they wouldn't have it. I was arrogant, up my own chuff and you lot were miserable gets. 

Think you need to spend a month or two on a community, really get involved and figure out whats what before you get a feel for the place. 

One page of posts taken out of context can look pretty bad from the outside, even on the inside I've seen non regulars post in topics going off the opening post only, taking aim at us all, clearly haven't read the full topic to see that 99% of members don't even agree. 

So I can see the arrogance thing, especially when some topics can go a bit nuts looking like we take the we're the best team the world has ever seen thing seriously.

But we are the best team the world has seen.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, David said:

When reading forums it's easy not to 'get' the humour if you're passing by, even amongst fellow fans. Stumbled on the Derby County subreddit a while back, well, they didn't like this forum much nor myself, one or two defended us but they wouldn't have it. I was arrogant, up my own chuff and you lot were miserable gets. 

Think you need to spend a month or two on a community, really get involved and figure out whats what before you get a feel for the place. 

One page of posts taken out of context can look pretty bad from the outside, even on the inside I've seen non regulars post in topics going off the opening post only, taking aim at us all, clearly haven't read the full topic to see that 99% of members don't even agree. 

So I can see the arrogance thing, especially when some topics can go a bit nuts looking like we take the we're the best team the world has ever seen thing seriously.

Wise words. I’ve no doubt far more Ipswich fans don’t give a monkeys about us too. Which is absolutely fine, care about your own club as it should be. I don’t ‘hate’ Ipswich fans because of what’s been typed on a forum. I don’t care what they say either and again like so many am buzzing more than many a season for next Fri. Ale time later in Stockport, I’ll wear my badge and no doubt answer many questions regarding Frank Lampard erm I mean Derby County. Happy Daze! 

FFP have just clobbered QPR with 42m fine, those posters on their forum should perhaps take a look at that one!! 

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

FFP have just clobbered QPR with 42m fine, those posters on their forum should perhaps take a look at that one!! 

Classic case of only reading the headline! ?

Football League bottled it and accepted £17m over 10 years with a one month embargo and slap on the wrist. The slap on the wrist probably hurt them more.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Classic case of only reading the headline! ?

Football League bottled it and accepted £17m over 10 years with a one month embargo and slap on the wrist. The slap on the wrist probably hurt them more.

Just seen on SSN must be true ?

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

That Paul Clement spending spree is going to be used against us forever, isn't it? Near enough broke even during the 16/17 season, made near 10 million profit last season and once Vydra is sold, even if Waghorn signs we'll be close to even or be in profit for this season. And still every bloody club's fans seem to throw around the 'buying the league' stuff

Yes we have spent money in seasons gone by but what really gets my goat is when the likes of wolves,villa,even forest now never get put in the same vein yet both of those clubs have in the last 2 season spent huge.i mean last season villa spent 45 million on there strike force.vydra is still our biggest spend at 8mill

55 minutes ago, David said:

Must've been a day when Bris was quite active eh...

1 hour ago, David said:

Stumbled on the Derby County subreddit a while back, well, they didn't like this forum much nor myself, one or two defended us but they wouldn't have it. I was arrogant, up my own chuff and you lot were miserable gets

Was a mildly entertaining read to be honest.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Was a mildly entertaining read to be honest.

That’s one of them! 

Some good posters like Alpha and Daveo, but jesus it's gone right shitty. I've left that place and only check it for transfer rumours, it got unbearably toxic.

Damn right, that guy knows, have a member on here under the same name, not sure if it’s the same person.

But wait...

Daveo one of the good posters? He has "Numbero Uno" under his name and for some reason thinks he's important. Tedious, arrogant man.

Was actually Numero Uno, Boycie had something about being a number 2 at the time ?

1 hour ago, David said:

I agree with your posts point but that's pretty bang on. ?

2 minutes ago, David said:

That’s one of them! 

Damn right, that guy knows, have a member on here under the same name, not sure if it’s the same person.

But wait...

Was actually Numero Uno, Boycie had something about being a number 2 at the time ?

You left out the part where you got called a Mel brown noser ?

57 minutes ago, Ramet said:

Yes we have spent money in seasons gone by but what really gets my goat is when the likes of wolves,villa,even forest now never get put in the same vein yet both of those clubs have in the last 2 season spent huge.i mean last season villa spent 45 million on there strike force.vydra is still our biggest spend at 8mill

People also forget it wasn't so long back that we didn't spend money and forest threw it around like it was sunshine!

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

"It's always been a bit wanky. They even censor swearing, the mardy poops."

Lolz

If this does somehow end up across there, let me just explain that the censoring is not down to us being mardy poops, it allows us to remain advertiser friendly which pays the bills. That is the only reason. 

P.S I love your gifs, don’t be so mean, we’re all Rams x

It's important that we show respect to small clubs like Forest, Leeds, Villa and of course Ipswich. I hate arrogance and I hope when we are promoted in April that we remain grounded and in touch with this tedious division. It would be rude and presumptuous to suggest we'll have the last laugh when we finish top and Ipswich are midtable. This is an unpredictable league and there's a chance they won't stay up. 

#StayHumble #TractorBrokeDown?

Archived