v Mansfield Town (A) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andicis said:

CB's are rarely involved in pressing are they? I'd dare say Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield, Nugent and Jerome might not be involved too much this season as well. I don't think it's quite that dire. 

They still need join in with the press and be able to play a higher line otherwise there would be gaps between the defence and midfield. Wisdom probably should be at centre back if we want to press as he has the pace to recover from any mistakes and he’s used to playing in a high pressing team like he did at red bull Salzburg.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Definitely good to get these kinds of performances out of the way in pre-season. 

Need Lampard to see who’s good as well as who’s bad!

Exactly. Pre-season would purely be a fitness exercise if every game went like the Notts County game ? 

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Why is it whenever a pre-season game goes awry some people lose their minds?

Better teams than Derby have lost against worse teams than Mansfield in pre-season and been perfectly fine in the regular season.

Yep, there'll be wrong tactics, wrong squad, combination of both, classic bedwetting! Same every year though...

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

How slow are all of our midfielders. We seriously lack pace in CM, it’s rather worrying 

Wouldn't worry, we have Bryson and, I don't know if you heard, but we signed some unknown CM on loan who's apparently got some pace. 

If Elsnik is in Lampards plans, he's no slouch either. 

13 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Anyone else notice that the second half side plays about 1/3 the speed of the first half side ? And we are playing backwards and sideways way more. Jerome Nuge and Blackman pretty much impotent.

Happens to the best of them

30522655.jpg

Thorne passed the ball about 8 times in that half. Only one went forward and he was anonymous for most part. The ball went back to roos more times than forward. Roos dwells on the ball too much for my liking. First half better but still not up with first half against Notts. Plenty for Frank to ponder 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Wouldn't worry, we have Bryson and, I don't know if you heard, but we signed some unknown CM on loan who's apparently got some pace. 

If Elsnik is in Lampards plans, he's no slouch either. 

He only played 26 league games last season though. As energetic as Bryson is, it’s unrealistic and unfair to expect him to be involved in most games this season as he is starting to break down more and more due to his age. 

Archived