Mason Mount - Signed on a season long loan

Cam the Ram

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Mason Mount is from Portsmouth originally. A Pompey mate of mine reckons Chelsea pinched him from them.

Good 

after god knows how many defeats at fratton Park over the years to the likes of Alan knight, Alan mclouglin and co I couldn’t care less about Pompy

oh and that annoying “ play up Pompey” song

quite frankly they’ve had that coming

3 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Max Lowe.

I would love to think he could withstand the rigours of a championship season but I'm not sure he's robust enough. 

Also, in a side which might realistically have Lawrence, Wilson and Mount we do need players who can defend.

We were much better last year at defending set pieces and don't want to lose that strength, though I'm not advocating a whole team of giants!

58 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thorne and Forsyth will have to have a great pre season and come back much fitter to warrant a starting place....

To be fair, albeit a friendly, I thought Forsyth played well Saturday. Think it helps that he appeared to be playing 15/20 yard higher up the pitch. 

With regards to george Thorne, unfortunately he hasn’t looked fit since play off final, sad but true in my opinion. 

Why are half the posters on here talking about him threatening Bryson/Johnson's position in a midfield three, and others have him on the wing in a front three?

Can he literally play anywhere, or is it that nobody actually knows what they're talking about?

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Why are half the posters on here talking about him threatening Bryson/Johnson's position in a midfield three, and others have him on the wing in a front three?

Can he literally play anywhere, or is it that nobody actually knows what they're talking about?

Simply because however they line up, lawrence, mount, wilson, thomas, bennett, elsnik, bryson, butterfield, johnson is getting a bit crowded. And thats not counting vydra....

or anya or vernam 

24 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

To be fair, albeit a friendly, I thought Forsyth played well Saturday. Think it helps that he appeared to be playing 15/20 yard higher up the pitch. 

With regards to george Thorne, unfortunately he hasn’t looked fit since play off final, sad but true in my opinion. 

On 12/07/2018 at 15:04, Sparkle said:

Forsyth played in a defensive that kept many clean sheets last season, is he fantastic- no is he decent well yes he is and lowe needs an extended spell of playing to prove himself 

Please see the above for my opinion - I am generally not expecting my left backs to be fireing us to the next level but there is nothing to suggest a Chelsea youth player is any better in that position either

I'm sure Forsyth did play well in a friendly. He has some great physical attributes but mentally, in the big games, he is liable to switch off. 

He did it again in the game against Fulham when beaten at the near post by a smaller opponent who he didn't challenge.

I'm afraid he is one of those I associate with not quite getting promotion. There are players and there are winners.

46 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Interesting that people’s first choice Mid don’t give Ledley much of a look in. I don’t disagree because we need a runner along side Huddlestone, but he was excellent before Xmas and could still contribute 

I'd have Ledley as my (much better) Eustace player this year. Bring him in for the battles, the away trips to Ipswich, the last 10 when we're a goal up in a tight game.

I think we're going to need the footballing skills of Huddlestone this year more than last as he'll be the only holding midfielder, but make no bones about it Ledley will be an important piece in this squad.

Archived