Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

Villa want 7 players for one position - Abraham, Kodjia, Hogan and Green. Think of the wages - Yet again a club like Villa get away with FFP. Joke from the football league to allow this, I hope they fook it up again - hate the lucky dingles

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Villa want 7 players for one position - Abraham, Kodjia, Hogan and Green. Think of the wages - Yet again a club like Villa get away with FFP. Joke from the football league to allow this, I hope they fook it up again - hate the lucky dingles

They have set a precedent with QPR, clubs will now ignore FFP and throw as much money as possible at reaching the Prem. There should be either a 10 point deduction for breaching the rules or being forced into having Rowett as manager for 3 years.?

11 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Who are the other 3 ?

Reminds me of David Brent, "if you ask me to name three geniuses i would say Newton, Einstein............."

Have Villa got a policy of trying to sign every decent player that ever played for my team (Bristol City)?

They’ve got Kodjia and Adomah, now they’re after Abraham & Bolasie. Facing those four ex players would be a tad upsetting. At least Joe Bryan made the right decision at the last minute.

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Aren't we kind of guilty of that at the moment...

Waghorn, Marriott, Nugent, Martin, Jerome, Bennett, Blackman on our books as strikers.

Thorne, Huddlestone, Evans, Mount, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Ledley, Elsnik at centre mid.

We can hardly go accusing other teams of throwing huge amounts on money on wages for ridiculous amounts of options in almost every position.

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Have Villa got a policy of trying to sign every decent player that ever played for my team (Bristol City)?

They’ve got Kodjia and Adomah, now they’re after Abraham & Bolasie. Facing those four ex players would be a tad upsetting. At least Joe Bryan made the right decision at the last minute.

For the past couple of seasons nearly every player they've signed were players we were linked with just weeks before, Adomah, Kodjia, De Laet, Chester, Lansbury, McCormack, Hogan and Whelan are some that spring to mind. And despite their financial problems recently they've still managed to do it for a few players this window in McGinn, soon to be Abraham and very nearly Joe Bryan

2 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Waghorn, Marriott, Nugent, Martin, Jerome, Bennett, Blackman on our books as strikers.

Thorne, Huddlestone, Evans, Mount, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Ledley, Elsnik at centre mid.

We can hardly go accusing other teams of throwing huge amounts on money on wages for ridiculous amounts of options in almost every position.

I get your point but Blackman is as good as gone. Bennett and Elsnik are academy so didn’t cost a fee and won’t be on anything like what Villa’s are on.

The original poster missed off McCormack who is apparently on 45k a week, Jedinak is their top earner on 50k a week.

Not one of ours will be even near that.

We might have a lot of players but they either go out of contract in the summer or are on less than half of Villa’s players. 

44 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

We didn’t fail FFP though or not pay people’s wages 

3 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Those are the only ones left after the end of the season though

Although you forgot Holmes in CM too (if that's where he plays?)

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

We didn’t fail FFP though or not pay people’s wages 

And that

6 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

They have set a precedent with QPR, clubs will now ignore FFP and throw as much money as possible at reaching the Prem. There should be either a 10 point deduction for breaching the rules or being forced into having Rowett as manager for 3 years.?

Now thats a tad harsh.....anyway he would never last 3 years.

Top result last night.

Archived