Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

I can think of 55,000 reasons why we aren't in for Abraham! 

He's a classy striker but we can't afford him and bringing him in on those sort of wages would not help team spirit.

We've already got loads of new players who are just starting to settle in and we want to develop as a team and improve gradually. 

Villa proved last year that throwing money at it doesn't guarantee success. Mel has already said that we're taking a different path this year. I'm ok with that and the fact we aren't after every good player that becomes available. 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Igorwasking said:

Until then - it is not really viable to do so. If Potato Head wants to do it - let him. See if he can do to Villa what Uncle Harry did to Portsmouth.

And Bournemouth, and QPR, and Birmingham

52 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

In that case i don't see why Derby wouldn't be interested particularly as Jerome appears to be on the way out.

Jerome leaving doesn't free up a position that needs replacing, neither would Martin if he left today as well. It would probably take a third to leave in Nugent before we possibly started looking at bringing one in, and even then we're not exactly short with Marriott, Waghorn and Bennett.

No denying that Abraham is a top player, not many would probably argue he isn't better than what we have, but what we do have are two strikers that have just joined the club this month for £8m(ish), so I can fully understand why Derby would not be interested as things stand. 

Exactly my thoughts. He's probably better than any of the strikers we currently have available to choose from but I feel those we do have are good enough for us to make a strong challenge this season. You could go through virtually every position in our squad and name players better than what we have but what's the point when we most likely have restrictions on what we can spend.

Therefore, if we do have a finite budget for this window then better to spend it on our weakest position - CDM. Ryan Woods would have fitted the bill (loan now to permanent transfer later) but that ship has sailed.  Andy King on loan - maybe but has he overcome his injury problems enough to make him worth a gamble? Not sure who else is out there but I'm certain Lampard and Morris will know so we just have to wait and see what the remains couple of hours bring.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Where have I said he is poor? 

Just pointing out the flaws in your argument. 

There aren't any flaws in the argument. Teams with the best players tend to get promoted. I would say that Abraham is better than  what we have and with Martin gone and Jerome apparently going there seems to be a financial opportunity to sign him.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Gutted. What a set of options they have in Abraham, Hogan, Kodjia 

That’s just made promotion really difficult this season. He will score the goals villa need to make a serious push. I’m sure we couldn’t afford him but still, gutted like yourself 

Archived