Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

I'm not fussed in the losing-out stakes, but it's interesting Villa were the only ones really being mentioned.

Suggests the money to get him is quite high. 

Just from a purely logical perspective, if I was going out on loan to a lower level I wouldn't want to go to a team where the other options in my position are at similar levels of quality. Sure, I'd want to go to someone that would be winning more often than not, but there are good championship teams who need Abraham more than Villa. 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Oh Eddie. You are too quick to fire from the hip replacement sometimes.

Now that's a great comeback. Well played, sir.

applause2.gif.f0335785e89bae71e127145eae80ecb3.gif

applause.gif

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Abraham is head and shoulders better than what we have. The club lacks ambition particularly when the competition numbers Villa, Boro, West brom, stole, Leeds, Swansea, forest et al.

I'm sorry but that is a load of crap. He was awful against our under 23s the other night. No way is he head and shoulders above them. He has had 1 good season ever.

We do not lack ambition what so ever, absolutely ignorant for you to say we do. 

8 hours ago, rynny said:

I'm sorry but that is a load of crap. He was awful against our under 23s the other night. No way is he head and shoulders above them. He has had 1 good season ever.

We do not lack ambition what so ever, absolutely ignorant for you to say we do. 

We are 5/1 to get promoted. According to the bookies we are seventh favourite to get promoted. We are not as ambitious or prepared as at least six other clubs and have sold our best players over the past 3 seasons.We lack ambition!

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

We are 5/1 to get promoted. According to the bookies we are seventh favourite to get promoted. We are not as ambitious or prepared as at least six other clubs and have sold our best players over the past 3 seasons.We lack ambition!

If you’re rating ambition on bookies odds, don’t blame the clubs, blame the fans as the odds follow where the money is laid.

Bookies have no inside knowledge of who is going to go up or how Tammy Abraham will perform. 

Derby have signed a stack of players over the summer yet some people want more, more, more. 

We have a very strong front line now, strongest for some time. Why not let them settle in and show us what they can do instead of demanding new shiny players constantly (while at the same time ironically moaning  about Villa and FFP).

Abraham is a good player but has done little over the last season or so and appears to have delusions of premier league grandeur, not that any PL teams appeared to share that.

Give me a Marriott purchase and a hungry young player over a premier league loan player who didn’t even want to go there any day of the week. 

Is this what modern football supporting is? Want, want, want? 

4 hours ago, Harrowram said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Derby have signed a stack of players over the summer yet some people want more, more, more. 

We have a very strong front line now, strongest for some time. Why not let them settle in and show us what they can do instead of demanding new shiny players constantly (while at the same time ironically moaning  about Villa and FFP).

Abraham is a good player but has done little over the last season or so and appears to have delusions of premier league grandeur, not that any PL teams appeared to share that.

Give me a Marriott purchase and a hungry young player over a premier league loan player who didn’t even want to go there any day of the week. 

56CBEDDE-DCB0-4D71-8D56-1B74A6BCC829.gif

4 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

A stack of players have also left the club. Judging by the Leeds v Boro game last night we could with some mixed martial arts athletes too. I wasn't sure whether I was watching a football match or a wrestling match. How Cooper and Berardi remained on the pitch I will never know.

Obviously I’d be lying if I said Abraham wouldn’t have been the signing of the summer but I think there’s a lot of value to having some first choice strikers we know will be here next season.

We have enough loanees in the starting XI, we’ll be back to looking for AM’s and CB’s next summer to replace Mount, Tomori and probably Keogh/Davies/Bryson/Johnson so I think it’s for the best we have a settled strike force now, not another loan player down the spine of the side.

Strikers are expensive, I’m glad we more than likely won’t have to stump up a big portion of our budget for one next summer when we’ll have plenty of other needs.

Also, the second season step up is a real thing. A year with the team, a settled summer and a full pre-season make a massive difference, just look at Lawrence right now and Vydra last year. That applies to both Waghorn and Marriott, I’m fully confident they’ll make big contributions this season but I think they’ll be even better next year.

Archived