Is anything happening ??

S8TY

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In his interview Frank mentioned having 5 weeks of pre-season which would mean the players come back first week of July...

"Preseason starts next week" (22s in today's video, link below) "...and I'll be looking to have us firing straightaway"

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/06/lampard-its-an-exciting-start-for-us

New cliché Frankie says "we need to be at it."

29 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I'm loving the fact that we've done nothing as there's nothing for folk to moan about. It's the most whinge-free Ive ever seen this forum apart from those moaning that we've done nothing, obviously! ?

Well there lies the problem. People will moan about not having anything to moan about!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Preseason starts next week" (22s in today's video, link below) "...and I'll be looking to have us firing straightaway"

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/06/lampard-its-an-exciting-start-for-us

New cliché Frankie says "we need to be at it."

Ah right, maybe the 5 weeks is until the last game of pre-season then the 6th week is the build up to the first game. I just saw 5 weeks and tried to put 2 & 2 together and got 5! 

While concerning on the face of it, think it’s actually a good thing nothings happening now. Think we all know we need to sell before we buy due to previous mistakes in other seasons (Which we’ve heard enough of on here!), so think all this shows us were trying to get as much money as we can for our current crop, which is exactly what we should be doing. If all is going to plan as I’m guessing, then I think we’ll see some outgoings next week, and some incomings will follow naturally after that, especially once we’ve had a week of pre season.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Yes ok not to panic but would be nice to have a settled squad at the start of pre season, we 100% won’t have 

I don’t think any team will have that to be honest mate. Nearly every team is still trying to do deals on transfer deadline day every year.

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

I'm loving the fact that we've done nothing as there's nothing for folk to moan about. It's the most whinge-free Ive ever seen this forum apart from those moaning that we've done nothing, obviously! ?

I’m seriously not moaning or didn’t want to come across as moaning was just thinking is anything happening .... I remember Rowett and Pearson both saying about familiarising themselves with the surroundings but could not wait for players to arrive back for training ....i was just thinking is anyone around ? Is Jody now around working or is he waiting for Frank to finish World Cup obligations and where are rowetts backroom staff ?.and when are they going ? That was it really just wondering if anything at all was happening inc transfer targets of course....no moan intended ??

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Ha ha are you a believer mate. 

I think Frank is a serious bloke who believes in what he’s doing. He’s not in it just for the money, I’m guessing he’s a wealthy guy who could do pretty much anything he wanted to but he’s chosen to go into football management. 

There is no reason to think he can do better than Clément or Mac or Snakey etc but he’s got summat about him. An aura of professionalism, people respect him, players young and old will respect him ,

IT JUST FEELS RAITE ???

20 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

In his interview Frank mentioned having 5 weeks of pre-season which would mean the players come back first week of July, don't know if an official date has been released but maybe he will want a week with the full squad before making any final calls on who he wants gone? I'd imagine he would have a rough idea who he wants to leave but some may convince him to keep them and maybe some who he thought he'd keep may then change his mind to actually get rid.

They start back on the 29th.

Archived