Mason Bennett

GadFly

Notts County chairman was asked on Twitter if he will be getting the lad back to Meadow Lane next season, replied with - 

"We would absolutely love to have him back but think he’ll part of Frank’s 1st team squad this season"

interesting.. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GadFly said:

Notts County chairman was asked on Twitter if he will be getting the lad back to Meadow Lane next season, replied with - 

"We would absolutely love to have him back but think he’ll part of Frank’s 1st team squad this season"

interesting.. 

Unlikely that he actually knows the gaffers opinion on Mason Bennett. Lovely if he's right though and it works out. He's got something, but we've been saying that for 5 years.

25 minutes ago, sage said:

I just can't see him being a top half Championship player or higher.

Lacks composure and guile.

If he can now go injury-free I reckon he could be an excellent winger for us, I think he is far better than Weimann in all departments, maybe it’s his Wanchopesque lope

Sith Happens

I hope im wrong but really think we would have seen more of him by now if he was going to make it for us.

TobyWanKenobi
14 hours ago, GadFly said:

interesting.. 

He's Matej's replacement...

Can’t see him making it here to be honest. Every now and again he shows glimpses of potential which is what’s kept him here so long, but the reality? is that he’s not devolped at a rate fast enough in the past few years to make it as a championship footballer. He’s certainly got the ability to make it in your league 1/2 but I don’t think he’s got the intelligence on the ball required to make it in this league.

He says... while our only senior wing options are Lawrence and Weimann...

I might be way wide of the mark but I'd suspect that finding out you're having a kid and then having said kid at such a young age probably took away his focus for a little while (understandably) which maybe why he hadn't kicked on earlier. 

I do however think he looked bright last pre season and in the early stages of the season before his injury. 

He suffers from Lee Holmes syndrome.

Picked at too young an age so that everyone thinks he's going to be fantastic.

Hasn't had that much opportunity in the last few seasons.

did ok in his 5 minutes v man utd.

Just let him develop. Still only 21. 

On 17/06/2018 at 11:00, philmycock said:

If he can now go injury-free I reckon he could be an excellent winger for us, I think he is far better than Weimann in all departments, maybe it’s his Wanchopesque lope

I have only seen Mason a couple of times and from what I saw/remembered Wanchopesque lope it was not - more like a battering RAM ?

Am I wrong ?

Lad deserves a chance. He made a decent start to last season, finally managed to get into the first 11 against Brentford, then got injured in the first couple of minutes. How unlucky is that? Give him a chance I say

I can't believe he is only 21. Built like a tank and has good dribbling ability. If fully fit a decent option to have. I remember the game at Brentford earlier this year and he had started really brightly in fact and was such a shame when he went off. He was a regular off the bench in the McLaren era who rated him and that role off the bench worked well for us when rotating wingers.

He is another one of these players however who seems to keep picking up injuries and can't be relied on sadly. Hopefully he can prove worth in the pre-season. A big year for him if he is in Lamps plans. 

Archived