Mason Bennett

GadFly

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, curtains said:

What’s the viewing figures for RamsTV reserve matches then. 

You are an avid fan and see the players as better than they are. 

If they are good enough they will play in the first team when the manager and coaches think so .

People on this forum will have no say.  

In answer to your comments above-

I don't know but if they include the people posting on this thread that's good enough for me.

How do you know how I see the players? Even more, who asked you to be the arbiter of how good they are? 

And some players who might be good enough may have been held back from playing in the first team recently by a certain manager who has a very conservative approach to team selection. 

I'm sure we won't but this is a Forum where we discuss our opinions. You just won't consider any opinion that doesn't co-incide with yours. Or even recognise that your views are just one fan's opinion - just like the rest of us - and therefore no better than the rest of us. 

Now back to the thread - Mason Bennett for England! ?

Just now, Mr Giggles said:

From what I have gathered that's all you have done so far... Can we go for a beer sometime, might make it easier to understand you .....

Yes what’s not to understand.

Mason Bennett has been at Derby for so long I can’t remember.

Yes he’s had injuries and that’s not very helpful and I really like the lad as a person. 

Hope he proves me wrong and I hope he is fired up for the new season .

Needs to show major improvement in front of goal and his hold up play and all round game to be a top player   .

Simple really  

1 minute ago, angieram said:

In answer to your comments above-

I don't know but if they include the people posting on this thread that's good enough for me.

How do you know how I see the players? Even more, who asked you to be the arbiter of how good they are? 

And some players who might be good enough may have been held back from playing in the first team recently by a certain manager who has a very conservative approach to team selection. 

I'm sure we won't but this is a Forum where we discuss our opinions. You just won't consider any opinion that doesn't co-incide with yours. Or even recognise that your views are just one fan's opinion - just like the rest of us - and therefore no better than the rest of us. 

Now back to the thread - Mason Bennett for England! ?

No I don’t agree. 

I am more arrogant than you .

My opinion is right. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Yes what’s not to understand.

Mason Bennett has been at Derby for so long I can’t remember.

Yes he’s had injuries and that’s not very helpful and I really like the lad as a person. 

Hope he proves me wrong and I hope he is fired up for the new season .

Needs to show major improvement in front of goal and his hold up play and all round game to be a top player   .

Simple really  

Anyway, can we go for a beer? ? 

15 hours ago, Andicis said:

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/harry-kane.6451/

For reference, read what Spurs fans said about Kane back in 2013. Now he carries England's world cup hopes on his shoulders. Not saying Bennett is the next Kane, but he deserves our support.

Football is as much about circumstance as it is anything else. 

Kane nearly went to QPR in 13/14 to deputise for Charlie Austin, Spurs decide to keep him due to Soldado misfiring, he plays in six games (scoring three, creating another) in the back end of the season the rest, as they say, is history. 

Mason Bennett for me is one of those players who has you up on your feet for second as he breezed past a defender then makes you slump back in your seat as he wastes his opportunity. 

He could learn a lot from Jesse Lingard. The secret is to keep possession and work with your teammates.

In commentary at yesterday's England game they spoke of Lingard's game management.

Mason needs to work out what is required of him in a Derby shirt. He is no longer the young star we can indulge. 

It's up to him how much he wants it.

Archived