Mason Bennett

GadFly

Just now, McRamFan said:

Says the person who said he would be laughing his head off when the tories increased their majority and Corbyn and Labour would collapse...

Was it two weeks or three you stayed away from the forum?

Politics is for another thread .

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one is saying Bennett is good. People are just saying he shouldn't be written off, and that your presented evidence for "proof" that he's bad isn't proving anything.

But I've been at similar stages of topics before and I know you'll just repeat yourself until people stop responding. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

No-one is saying Bennett is good. People are just saying he shouldn't be written off, and that your presented evidence for "proof" that he's bad isn't proving anything.

But I've been at similar stages of topics before and I know you'll just repeat yourself until people stop responding. 

Do you think he’s better than Vydra who we are selling. 

Vydra scores for fun Bennett can’t hit a barn door from 3 yards. 

Just now, Mr Giggles said:

I can't believe we are comparing Bennett to Kane - I bloody love this forum

What a way to twist my words. I drew comparison with the treatment at the host club, I drew 0 comparisons on ability. For one final time I didn't say Bennett was as good talent wise as Kane I did however showcase the comments Spurs fans made on Kane and the fact he hadn't been given a chance, EXACTLY like Bennett.

3 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I can't believe we are comparing Bennett to Kane - I bloody love this forum

No-one is. Andicis just presented Kane as an example for fans writing a player off and turning out to be wrong.

It was Curtains who tried to draw direct lines to their comparative quality in an attempt to shut the discussion down. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No-one is. Andicis just presented Kane as an example for fans writing a player off and turning out to be wrong.

It was Curtains who tried to draw direct lines to their comparative quality in an attempt to shut the discussion down. 

Spurs didn’t write Kane off. 

He went out on loan from the Premier not the Championship.

Bennett has been out on loan from the Championship 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you think he’s better than Vydra who we are selling. 

Vydra scores for fun Bennett can’t hit a barn door from 3 yards. 

We barely saw Bennett last year. And you’re purposefully ignoring how poor Vydra was the year before.

30 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Understood. Apologies, my mind has been twisted by the Curtains Propaganda! 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

The general populations opinion on a youth player's future is complete guess work.

Bennett is fast, athletic, good in the air and a good finisher.

He's also injury ridden, lacks composure when passing and struggles with shots outside the box.

Both his list of pros and his list of cons can fade with time, you never really know which.

The majority will always bank on failure to make the step-up, because the vast majority of youths in world football fail to make the step-up. People are just playing the odds. People like to be right.

I tend to have optimistic opinions on youths, but the only player I'm genuinely confident about making the step up is Elsnik. There are others I've listed a few times I think will, but that level of optimism results from a swing to the 60/40 range (in my own head), you can rarely be more sure than that - even if you are, still a decent chance you're wrong.

If the lad has potential then shouldn't a good coach be able to help him here?

I say give him a chance over an injury free period, at least up to the January transfer window.

You never know

Archived