Mason Bennett

GadFly

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I have only seen Mason a couple of times and from what I saw/remembered Wanchopesque lope it was not - more like a battering RAM ?

Am I wrong ?

You’re not wrong, its with reference to an old post from moons ago, you gotta be ITK ?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Andicis said:

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/harry-kane.6451/

For reference, read what Spurs fans said about Kane back in 2013. Now he carries England's world cup hopes on his shoulders. Not saying Bennett is the next Kane, but he deserves our support.

The general populations opinion on a youth player's future is complete guess work.

Bennett is fast, athletic, good in the air and a good finisher.

He's also injury ridden, lacks composure when passing and struggles with shots outside the box.

Both his list of pros and his list of cons can fade with time, you never really know which.

The majority will always bank on failure to make the step-up, because the vast majority of youths in world football fail to make the step-up. People are just playing the odds. People like to be right.

I tend to have optimistic opinions on youths, but the only player I'm genuinely confident about making the step up is Elsnik. There are others I've listed a few times I think will, but that level of optimism results from a swing to the 60/40 range (in my own head), you can rarely be more sure than that - even if you are, still a decent chance you're wrong.

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

This is just so not right. 

Bennett has had chances. 

I disagree. He hasn't had a long run in the team at any point ever. What is wrong in saying I think he deserves that? If we can't give young players that, we might as well disband the academy because there is no point in us having it. Some won't step up. Some will. However if you don't try, you'll never know.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I disagree. He hasn't had a long run in the team at any point ever. What is wrong in saying I think he deserves that? If we can't give young players that, we might as well disband the academy because there is no point in us having it. Some won't step up. Some will. However if you don't try, you'll never know.

Because he misses chance after chance in front of goal .  

Kane is in a different league and class and this was always the case. 

Just now, curtains said:

Because he misses chance after chance in front of goal .  

Kane is in a different league and class and this was always the case. 

False false false. Are you blatantly lying or just making things up as you go? Kane was shocking on loan at multiple different clubs. Didn't even play at Leicester on loan really. Stop making up things to fit an agenda, it isn't a good way to convince me. 

Just now, Andicis said:

False false false. Are you blatantly lying or just making things up as you go? Kane was shocking on loan at multiple different clubs. Didn't even play at Leicester on loan really. Stop making up things to fit an agenda, it isn't a good way to convince me. 

Absolutely true I’ve seen enough of Bennett to know this .

You really don’t know much do you. 

Tis true Kane is (clearly) of a different class to Bennett,

But it's also true that Kane was complete pish when he was out on loan as a youth. How youth's fare on loan is not a measure of their ability.

Also, Bennett has not had chances. He's played the odd game here and there and done adequately when he has. He's not missed chance after chance, he hasn't really had any.

"I will tell you my opinion and that will be the end of this discussion!"

Alright, Chairman Curtains. Feel free to stop involving yourself in this topic.

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Tis true Kane is (clearly) of a different class to Bennett,

But it's also true that Kane was complete pish when he was out on loan as a youth. How youth's fare on loan is not a measure of their ability.

Also, Bennett has not had chances. He's played the odd game here and there and done adequately when he has. He's not missed chance after chance, he hasn't really had any.

Correct, Bennett really deserves some stability to actually be able to take his chance. He's not had that at any stage of his career. 

''Kane is awful, his touch is awful, his finishing is awful, and he almost looks embarrassed to be playing half the time.''

Sounds like some of the comments on this thread. If we don't give him his chance to start, we'll never know whether he could cement a place or not. 

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’m out. 

So many amateurs on here 

Says the person who said he would be laughing his head off when the tories increased their majority and Corbyn and Labour would collapse...

Was it two weeks or three you stayed away from the forum?

Archived