Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

This is the one i wanted ever since we heard of interest. Hoping we can get it over the line. 

Crazy to think of where we are now in comparison to just a couple of months back. We'd lost in the play offs and had another season of Rowett ball to look forward to with all the talk of us having to sell players because FFP would be a problem. Fast forward 2 months and we've got money for Rowett to leave, have a new manager who's looking to play attacking, entertaining football, have signed/are close to signing players we would have expected to go elsewhere and still have the likes of Vydra, Davies, Carson and Lawrence here despite them being linked with moves away

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Crazy to think of where we are now in comparison to just a couple of months back. We'd lost in the play offs and had another season of Rowett ball to look forward to with all the talk of us having to sell players because FFP would be a problem. Fast forward 2 months and we've got money for Rowett to leave, have a new manager who's looking to play attacking, entertaining football, have signed/are close to signing players we would have expected to go elsewhere and still have the likes of Vydra, Davies, Carson and Lawrence here despite them being linked with moves away

It does beg the question of whether Mel was keen to get rid of Rowett, and get some cash for the pleasure.

Even if we have a net spend of 0 this summer, it is far better than i expected 2 months ago. Really excited by our signings and squad for this season. And that's without Waghorn/another potential target should we miss out 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It was all a Chinese rouse ! 

I suspect Rowett is wondering a little bit what is going on?

5 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

The rams they came in 2 by 2 hurrah! hurrah!

( continuing) Bris Vegas saw lampard at the bar the bar, he asked lamps what hes doing here, he said im drinking all the beer, frankie lampard's derby's going up.

Just now, Sparkle said:

It was all a Chinese rouse ! 

I suspect Rowett is wondering a little bit what is going on?

Imagine if Rowett was still here. I doubt there would have been many changes but I reckon Vydra would still be linked away. He'd have probably sold Vydra to fund moves for players like McClean

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Imagine if Rowett was still here. I doubt there would have been many changes but I reckon Vydra would still be linked away. He'd have probably sold Vydra to fund moves for players like McClean

Loaned out Bryson too. Brought in a couple of defensive midfielders as cover for Huddlestone Thorne and Ledley and a cart horse up front.

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Nope. Nixon told all us Derby fans we must sell players before anyone else comes in and there's absolutely no way he would ever change his story

Not on Twatter so would you mind asking old Nicko how Flo Jo is getting on at Leeds please?

Just now, Sparkle said:

So this guy would be a project then? Or should I say a spare? 

I think "project" is an intelligent line to take, as it reduces short-term expectation on him. 

I don't think it means Lampard doubts his ability, it just takes some pressure off.

Archived