Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Fulham were too good, they were unlucky not to go up tbh. Injuries ducked them for most of the season

Given the size of their squad and how much they spent to put it together, injuries were no excuse just as it wasn't for us

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Well Hull, Derby, and Huddersfield have all made a profit on him then. I wonder if Stoke will be the end of that road?

Not too bothered. I liked Ince, I wish he'd never left, but I don't think he's anything like a dominant player in this league. 

He 'dominates' his team's shooting opportunities that's for sure, although the correct word really would be monopolises.

I'm not really sure what Rowett's thinking this season, I can't see him taking the players he's signed/signing for Stoke and playing the same football he played here last season. If he does then Ince will struggle to achieve anything like the totals he did in 2016/17, the system doesn't really allow one player to have 115 shots that don't find the net so he'd have to become a lot more clinical.

So Rowett sells ince (along with Hughes) because he’s not a Rowett type player, then buys him for his new club, for more than he sold him. 

Im not sure whether I should be angry at Rowett, ince, or the people who approved the sale, which perhaps was not rowett, and maybe he was a Rowett style player after all. 

Stoke should have a good season. Rowett's pretty good at organising a team to defend, he gets players to graft and he's brought in individuals that you'd expect to get in any Champ starting 11. 

Last year he was counter attacking with Lawrence and Weimann. 

They should finish top 6. And Stoke fans should be bored out their thick heavy skulls by the time promotion is sealed. All on standby for when he hits a bad run because the only thing worse than being bored is being bored and losing. 

Archived