Snake City watch

Zag zig

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Old habits die hard with Rowett - Williams will be 34 this month. Knudsen's a decent player though - solid if not spectacular 

Full back with a long throw - here we go again but I suppose in stoke they may like that 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why are they buying loads of defenders? I thought their problem at the moment was goal scoring. God help Stoke if they have to watch a Rowett team that can't even score goals.

Rowett stated - so must believe - he only had 4 defenders in his first team squad.

So now he's got 4 defenders a has-been and a clogger ?

10 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why are they buying loads of defenders? I thought their problem at the moment was goal scoring. God help Stoke if they have to watch a Rowett team that can't even score goals.

You could look at the fact that they have got Afobe? Perhaps he is the one to get the goals? Also Ince, we know as well as anybody that he can score goals on his day. 

5 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

You could look at the fact that they have got Afobe? Perhaps he is the one to get the goals? Also Ince, we know as well as anybody that he can score goals on his day. 

A Stoke fan who rang into TalkSport yesterday was getting excited over the Ince signing  as he was looking forward to him "getting down the wing and putting lots of crosses in" for the forwards ?

Good luck with that son.........

Must confess I am not buying into this Stoke City favourites lark - if they're so well stacked with cash why is the Snakester bothering with £1m-odd trifles like Knudsen and not going for the £6m-odd stars like Joe Bryan? And this guff about they've kept hold of their better players seems to be based around a 45 year old Adam, a 97 year old Crouchie and that bloke called Chupa- Chups or something.

Oh, and Joe Allen who runs around a bit in midfield, but who will probably now jog between the centre circle and the edge of his own box as the ball sails repeatedly over his head..........??

Just now, HantsRam said:

A Stoke fan who rang into TalkSport yesterday was getting excited over the Ince signing  as he was looking forward to him "getting down the wing and putting lots of crosses in" for the forwards ?

Good luck with that son.........

Must confess I am not buying into this Stoke City favourites lark - if they're so well stacked with cash why is the Snakester bothering with £1m-odd trifles like Knudsen and not going for the £6m-odd stars like Joe Bryan? 

Is that really a question ? surely you know that he stifles any sort of creativity in a squad, therefore the idea of having an attacking fullback such as Bryan would keep him up at night as he wouldn't be able to have a full 10 men behind the ball! 

On 1 August 2018 at 08:00, RamNut said:

Butland

bauer.    Shawcross.   Martins indi.   Pieters

.                Huddlestone.    Etebo

ince.                  Vydra.              Mcclean

.                         Afobe 

This is starting to feel more likely given the waghorn news.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

This is starting to feel more likely given the waghorn news.

Yep they clearly need both of them ( we need Huddlestone still) and I did hear Rowett talk about kicking it long as a option and chasing it 

Vaguely watched the last half hour in a bar.

Leeds seemed incisive, and could be a contender on what I saw.

Stoke were unlucky a couple of times, but mainly it was all huff and puff. Didn't realise Ince was playing for quite a while. Early days, but Rowett can't be spending £10m on players and launching it for them to run after. They've got quality in that squad. Why not just let them play? Dunno if he's got it in him. 

Leeds will be a tough test for us too.

it will be a much harder game than Reading based on todays evidence. We need to sort ourselves out at the back or we'll play ourselves into big trouble.

Fascinating game.

Last season we would have sat back and conceded possession.

This season its going to be far more interesting whatever happens.

13 hours ago, needles said:

Stoke were unlucky a couple of times, but mainly it was all huff and puff. Didn't realise Ince was playing for quite a while. Early days, but Rowett can't be spending £10m on players and launching it for them to run after. They've got quality in that squad. Why not just let them play? Dunno if he's got it in him. 

He hit the bar from 30 yds in the first half, but after that he barely got a touch.

Stoke were really poor, the honeymoon period will be very brief if they continue to play like that. 

From the Oatcakes forum - 

"Under Mark Hughes we saw some of the best performances ever by a Stoke side. Today we have witnessed possibly the WORST. Defence pathetic, surely Shawcross must be dropped for the next match. Midfield giving the ball away at every opportunity. Attack, what attack? Only when Bojan and Fletcher (of all people!) came on did we show any kind of promise going forward.
Where was the intensity and pressing we had been expecting?"

Intensity & pressing???  You get the feeling, their supporters only watched the Hull & Cardiff home games from last season??

13 hours ago, needles said:

Hoof and puff?

Archived