Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Alpha said:

Stoke should have a good season. Rowett's pretty good at organising a team to defend, he gets players to graft and he's brought in individuals that you'd expect to get in any Champ starting 11. 

Last year he was counter attacking with Lawrence and Weimann. 

They should finish top 6. And Stoke fans should be bored out their thick heavy skulls by the time promotion is sealed. All on standby for when he hits a bad run because the only thing worse than being bored is being bored and losing. 

Knowing some of the Stokies, it will be the end of season 2019-2020 before they even realise they're bored and by then Rowett will be long gone.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I’m not sure an unpopular opinion constitutes an attitude 

I’m not sure I’m clever enough to know what you mean?

The fact that someone’s likes it makes me  sure I’m not.?

Like Rowett’s style or not he’s buying players who fit in with it and are much better quality at it than those he had to work with last year. He managed to get his team into the playoffs last year. I expect him to do it again. It may not be pretty, but it more than likely will be effective.

So he's signed McClean who he tried to sign while here

Is signing Ince who he sold while here

Has/had an interest in Davies, Carson, Vydra and Lawrence

Is trying to sign Sam Gallagher on loan, who he tried to sign while here

Shouldn't be too long until he's trying to sign Kieftenbeld and Grosicki

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Paper talk: Southampton striker Sam Gallagher is a £7m target for Stoke City.

Can't see that happening if snakester has already signed OB1 Afobe.

rowett won't need two attackers.

11 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

Sky Sources are saying that Ince has had a medical at Stoke.

Anyone know if we had a sell on clause included when we sold him?

We do for Hughes - I always assumed that a sell on would only be if the buying club made a profit and Huddersfield are selling for less than they bought him at 10 mil.  What I want to know is do we get the rest of the 2.5 mil were owed as part of his move as the cost when he left was 8.5 rising to 11 as I recall.

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We do for Hughes - I always assumed that a sell on would only be if the buying club made a profit and Huddersfield are selling for less than they bought him at 10 mil.  What I want to know is do we get the rest of the 2.5 mil were owed as part of his move as the cost when he left was 8.5 rising to 11 as I recall.

Believe we got £2M when Huddersfield stayed up.

3 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Blimey he gets through some clubs! obviously Wagner didn't get the player he thought he might.

Hull, Derby Huddersfield now Stoke all in such a short space of time! (have I missed anyone?? Forest on loan!)

Hasn't he been at Palace?

He does get about.

Archived