World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We will never have a better chane.

We? WE? You was claiming Mexican citizenship the other week, can’t go jumping on the England bandwagon now, do Juan! ?

PistoldPete2
Just now, ramit said:

Epic win for Russia.  This tournament continues to surprise and another giant bites the dust

World Cup winners from last 50 years... Germany, Argentina, Italy and now Spain all out. Holding euro champions Portugal out. Of the Giants only France and Brazil left. Plus Uruguay and England in the second tier. 

3 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Obviously the talking point over here is the none penalty in the last minute. Got to say it looked a penalty to me. In normal time many defenders will get away with it, but surely VAR should give those.

It was a clear penalty in any other scenario, both Ramos and Pique had their shirts pulled but to be honest, that was never going to be given in Russia no matter how clear of a penalty it was

Just now, Andicis said:

Colombia is probably the hardest team we would have to face on our side of the draw. If we can get past that game, I'll start to believe in us.

Croatia are better.

And I can't remember us doing especially well against Sweden very often.

Anyway, it's all immaterial. We need to be fully on our game to beat Colombia.

Just now, JoetheRam said:

Yes, but you are only allowed to enjoy it half as much when they win.

To be brutally honest, I don't get that feeling when watching England. I do when I watch Mexico, like I go proper mental when they score and I feel the anguish when they miss chances or concede poor goals.

With England I have no feeling at all. I used to, but I think that stopped around 2010. I remember the penalty shootout defeats in 2004 and 2006 hurt, like it was Derby losing a penalty shootout.

But I think that was the last time I truely cared. And it's not like a switch where you can turn it on or off, I just have no feeling when watching the game though I obviously want them to do well.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Croatia are better.

And I can't remember us doing especially well against Sweden very often.

Anyway, it's all immaterial. We need to be fully on our game to beat Colombia.

I'm still not hugely convinced by Croatia. I rate Modric and Rakitic highly, but Mandzukic isn't hugely lethal, and their defense has mistakes in them. But as you say, we have to beat what is in front of us first before we look ahead.

Archived